1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained Add a Facebook login button to the visitor panel

One less click...

1. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Brogan submitted a new resource:

Add a Facebook login button to the visitor panel (version 1.0) - One less click...

Read more about this resource...

Darkimmortal and PVO_Dave like this.
  2. PVO_Dave

PVO_Dave Active Member

Nice one Brogan, great simple idea!

Implemented :)

3. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

Thank you Brogan great idea :)

4. guiltar

guiltar Well-Known Member

5. Cees50

Cees50 Active Member

I tried it to made this work. Added the templates in my default style and in my customs style, but i dont get a facebook log in. Ma i missing something? (im new on xF so be gentle ;) )

6. Brogan

7. Cees50

Cees50 Active Member

Oeps..:oops: Thanks Brogan

8. Darril

Darril New Member

This looked like it would have been a good mod but the "Sign Up Now!" button didn't change and the Facebook button never appeared. I like that the instructions were clear and I was able to easily check to verify I made the correct changes. I'm wondering if this is an old mod that doesn't work with the XenForo app I just purchased.

9. Brogan

10. Darril

Darril New Member

Thanks for the reply. I didn't see this step/qualifier added in the discussion.

-----
    You must have the Facebook login function enabled in the ACP.

http://xenforo.com/help/facebook/

-----
    The site doesn't have a certificate so I can't configure Facebook integration.

11. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

Great mod. Thanks. In Firefox, though, when you click the Facebook login button, you see this message:

You are using a display type of 'page' in a small browser window or popup. For a better user experience, show this dialog with our JavaScript SDK without specifying an explicit display type. The SDK will choose the best display type for each environment. Alternatively, use display type 'popup' if you have special requirements precluding you from using the SDK. This message is only visible to developers of your application.

12. Brogan

13. bkurkjian

bkurkjian Member

I'm getting this error when clicking on the facebook icon to log in...

upload_2014-11-5_14-14-58.png