AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock]

AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock] [Paid] v2.0.5

No permission to buy ($15.00)
In all likelihood, this will not work. What it will do is send members to your competitors who aren't requiring them to turn off the ad-blocker. Then you lose members without "recouping lost revenue".
Can't edit my porevioius post anymore but I wanted to say in researching options for a client (Xenforo 2.2.2) I had a closer look at this addon and I've changed my mind. The configuration options allow you to remind members that by blocking ads they are reducing revenue for the forum owner which helps him to pay the bills and keep the forum free for members. Lots of other options, e.g., for user member upgrades to remove the notice. And the notice is dismissable for all members.

Now I just need to find out where to customize the displayed message.

@Wutime is this done in a phrase or if not a phrase where is the option?

Found the phrases:
  • wutime_adblock_phrase_notice_message
  • wutime_adblock_prompt_message
But now I need to find where to customize the text color. Currently it's showing as white text, white background.

Found it:

Template: wutime_adblock_styles.less

Original:
Code:
.{{$wutime_adblock_full__box}} {
    border-radius:10px;
    background: fade(rgb(183,28,28), 90%);
    width: 90%;
    height: 45%;
    min-height:250px;
    max-width:60em;
    position: absolute;
    overflow: auto;
    margin: auto;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    bottom: 0;
    right: 0;
    padding: 10px;
    font-size: 1.067em;
    text-align: left;
    color: rgb(250,250,250);
    z-index: 9999;
}
Changed text to black:
Code:
.{{$wutime_adblock_full__box}} {
    border-radius:10px;
    background: fade(rgb(183,28,28), 90%);
    width: 90%;
    height: 45%;
    min-height:250px;
    max-width:60em;
    position: absolute;
    overflow: auto;
    margin: auto;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    bottom: 0;
    right: 0;
    padding: 10px;
    font-size: 1.067em;
    text-align: left;
    /* color: rgb(250,250,250); */
    color: #000;
    z-index: 9999;
}

Last edited:
@Wutime

Using the alert popup, if a member clicks on "No thanks" the first time the message appears, how do I set it so that no further alerts will be shown? Or at least no further alerts for the current session?

I've learned that the latest version of MS Edge has a built-in feature that can block ads/trackers without triggering this addon.

Code:
Error: Call to undefined function Wutime\AdBlock\Cron\curl_exec() src/addons/Wutime/AdBlock/Cron/CreateJavaScript.php:227

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Function wutime_adblock_explode_newlines is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1083

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Function wutime_adblock_hex_to_rgb is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1083

PHP 8.0.3

What can i do?

Error: Call to undefined function Wutime\AdBlock\Cron\curl_exec() src/addons/Wutime/AdBlock/Cron/CreateJavaScript.php:227

Stack-Trace
#0 src/addons/Wutime/AdBlock/Cron/CreateJavaScript.php(270): Wutime\AdBlock\Cron\CreateJavaScript::getFileContentsFromUrl('https://easylis...')
#1 src/addons/Wutime/AdBlock/Cron/CreateJavaScript.php(185): Wutime\AdBlock\Cron\CreateJavaScript::getDownloadedListFilenames()
#2 src/addons/Wutime/AdBlock/Cron/CreateJavaScript.php(79): Wutime\AdBlock\Cron\CreateJavaScript::randomFile()
#3 src/addons/Wutime/AdBlock/Cron/CreateJavaScript.php(31): Wutime\AdBlock\Cron\CreateJavaScript::createJavaScript()
#4 [internal function]: Wutime\AdBlock\Cron\CreateJavaScript::run(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#5 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(34): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): XF\Job\Cron->run(8)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#9 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#10 {main}

Since i have installed PHP 8.0.3. What can I do?

Does this essentially stop users from viewing or posting on the forum until they turn off adblockers?

This add-on has been tremendously useful over the years, thank you.

Not sure if an update could help, but I've found it doesn't seem to pickup adblock these days. Whenever I enable adblock, I'm not receiving the adblock message we've set.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Top Bottom