AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock]

AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock] [Paid] v2.0.5

No permission to buy ($15.00)
I just installed AdBlock Plus to test and AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock] detected it immediately.

View attachment 214383

The issue isn't that it doesn't work, the issue is that it can be easily defeated because Ad Block Plus allows the blocking of page elements with a simple right click. Thus completely defeating this add-on in a couple of seconds.

I have made a couple small changes myself to your coding so this does not happen and each instance of adblock message has a unique element identifier. If you'd like to implement it, let me know and I will privately message the code changes to you (don't want it to be defeated again so easily).

The issue isn't that it doesn't work, the issue is that it can be easily defeated because Ad Block Plus allows the blocking of page elements with a simple right click. Thus completely defeating this add-on in a couple of seconds.

I have made a couple small changes myself to your coding so this does not happen and each instance of adblock message has a unique element identifier. If you'd like to implement it, let me know and I will privately message the code changes to you (don't want it to be defeated again so easily).

Currently the entire element is randomized every page load and it is not "easily defeated" like you say.

You must be using an old version of this AddOn.

The current version DOES randomize the element every page load.

Choosing "block element" and selecting the element in "AdBlock Plus" no longer defeats this anti-AdBlock.

Currently the entire element is randomized every page load and it is not "easily defeated" like you say.

You must be using an old version of this AddOn.

The current version DOES randomize the element every page load.

Choosing "block element" and selecting the element in "AdBlock Plus" no longer defeats this anti-AdBlock.

Interesting, been running 1.7.0 for awhile and still needed to modify the code. Do you another site where I could test the current code at?

I was thinking about installing this but then I thought about myself. When I get this on a page I simply just close that site never to return. I am not sure how one can get around this without chasing away members at all.

I've chosen to allow people to block advertisements, including newly registered members. However, I do target usergroups once they have 10 posts, because at this point I figure they've found use in the site and will return. Additionally, paying subscribers are exempt from ads and anti-adblock, as are super long time members (500 posts+).

I've found this to be a good compromise to continue to get new users as well as reward long-term members.

Your mileage may very but it's worth consideration.

Wutime updated AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock] with a new update entry:

v1.8.0 - Major update (optimization / overhaul)

This is a major improvement and recommended update. Thanks to @bzcomputers for the heads up.

Fixes:
  • Can no longer be circumvented by AdBlock Plus, AdBlock, or similar AdBlockers
  • Uniquely and randomly create every major CSS class per-page-render
Updates:
  • Improve mobile responsivity
  • Added a little more room for custom messaging (for anyone that altered the display message)
  • Improved CSS by removing "&" operators (helpful...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Pop-up message from this addon jumped me on a forum I visit periodically. I thought at a time I could install this on my forum, but then I found element .wutime-adblock-full--box and make him straight to the filter. Never saw pop-up again. Reason Im writing this is because I think that name should be randomized. Randomization would made impossibile to filter an element.

Thank you for your input - the recent update will no longer allow you to circumvent the anti-AdBlock.

Great mod, but I second the motion/suggestion of adding a secondary usergroup to adblockers. This way we can easily play around with options that will make people turn off adblocker. There is no good way of making guests turn of adblocker, and this addon does the job, but also scare some people away, so personally I think it is better to focus on the users that use the site a lot, and make them want to turn off adblocker, and not force them.

I'm getting false positive detection with this version. No ad blocks enabled, ads are showing but pop-up message still shows.

Yes, my apologies. Something went wrong with the upgrade. I'm resolving the issues and will post an update.

Any chance this can be extended to work on iOS & Android devices. Just tested with iOS on an iPhone with mobile Safari - Adblock Plus, AdGuard and Ad-Blocker Pro apps were all able to block ads without issue. There was no warning pop-up and all ads were hidden.

With mobile traffic making up more than 50% of all traffic these days for many of us, this leaves a lot of unserved ads and possible revenue loss.

Couple of questions....

I don't want to stop people using an Ad Blocker, I just want them to whitelist my site if they are using one. If they do I assume they will not see any warning message? Is that correct?

and secondly is the warning message that they get customisable? Can I edit it?

Thanks

Couple of questions....

I don't want to stop people using an Ad Blocker, I just want them to whitelist my site if they are using one. If they do I assume they will not see any warning message? Is that correct?
Yes, once whitelisted warning will not appear again.

and secondly is the warning message that they get customisable? Can I edit it?
Thanks
Yes.

Top Bottom