AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock]

AdBlock Detection [anti-AdBlock] [Paid] v2.0.5

No permission to buy ($15.00)
Same problem, paid a couple days ago. No download link. Been emailing back and forth with FetchApp trying to get a link, nothing yet.

PayPal Transaction ID: 51M162719T464740M on June 4, 2019 at 1:17:23 PM CDT.

----------------------------------
Now FetchApp is saying I must turn on PayPal IPN (instant payment notification) to get download information. Seems like this is for the seller not the buyer. Either way something is the buying process is broken and I've given up more time to this than I should. Please send me a download link/update my account, thank you.

Everything seems straightened out now, don't hesitate to purchase at https://www.wutime.com.

Is it possible to put adblocking users into a specific usergroup?

Yes, inversely, you can ignore any specifically selected user groups; therefor the remaining usergroups that aren't ignored would be the ones that are AdBlock detected.

Allow ignoring, instead of selection, works better with Xenforo's permission system.

Yes, inversely, you can ignore any specifically selected user groups; therefor the remaining usergroups that aren't ignored would be the ones that are AdBlock detected.

Allow ignoring, instead of selection, works better with Xenforo's permission system.
I mean when someone is detected blocking ads, could a secondary usergroup be added to their account?
And then removed when they are detected not blocking ads?
So that ad blockers are denied permission to do certain things?

I mean when someone is detected blocking ads, could a secondary usergroup be added to their account?
And then removed when they are detected not blocking ads?
So that ad blockers are denied permission to do certain things?

Yes, that would be possible. Let me think through how best to implement it.

Great suggestion by the way.

Couple requests:
  1. Place more visual control in the options. The Light/Dark option is nice but being able to tweak it more without template editing would be nice. I prefer the light option but the current css values make the text almost unreadable with light selected on a light (default style) forum.
  2. Have two delay options, one for initial page load, second for delay after clicking "I've Disabled Adblock" before reappearing.

@bzcomputers thanks for the good recommendations.

Regarding #2, can you elaborate on the "delay"; do you mean there should be a delay after clicking "I've Disabled AdBlock"?

Regarding #2, yes.

After clicking "I've Disabled Adblock" clear the message but do not check to make sure adblock has actually been disabled for XX seconds or until next page view. Almost taking the users word they have disabled it for a short time before re-checking. This would give the user a little longer to see the site content they're missing out on and hopefully the next time the message appears they will permanently disable their adblock for the domain. I think adding this admin controllable delay in the adblock message reappearing will help reduce the chance the user just leaves the site because they are annoyed by the adblock message reappearing so quickly.

Is there a way to let the name of this change on each page refresh? People are just blocking the blocker.

Also, can we find some way to just break the forum for those who are using AdBlock? - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/break-the-forum-when-adblock-detected.170519/

They're just going to keep getting around it. And I'd rather just break the forum now I think. They know they're doing it in 100% of cases. So it's up to them to work out how to get the forum to show if that's what they wish to happen.

I think I've got to the stage where I'm sick of people getting around it, getting all the content for free (we have a lot of business-related advice they're getting on ours too), and then sticking their fingers up at us in a way by blocking our business income.

I'd like to fully break the forum, in a way they can't just select an area to block etc so it loads again, and get AdBlockPlus forum members in on it to find a work-around, which will always happen. That's how they make their money! - Got help them the day they need ads! :D

Anyway - Can somebody help me achieve this? I'll pay. And I'm sure A LOT of other forum owners would too.

Is there a way to let the name of this change on each page refresh? People are just blocking the blocker.
Also, can we find some way to just break the forum for those who are using AdBlock? - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/break-the-forum-when-adblock-detected.170519/

They're just going to keep getting around it. And I'd rather just break the forum now I think. They know they're doing it in 100% of cases. So it's up to them to work out how to get the forum to show if that's what they wish to happen.

I think I've got to the stage where I'm sick of people getting around it, getting all the content for free (we have a lot of business-related advice they're getting on ours too), and then sticking their fingers up at us in a way by blocking our business income.

I'd like to fully break the forum, in a way they can't just select an area to block etc so it loads again, and get AdBlockPlus forum members in on it to find a work-around, which will always happen. That's how they make their money! - Got help them the day they need ads! :D

Anyway - Can somebody help me achieve this? I'll pay. And I'm sure A LOT of other forum owners would too.

What makes you so sure they are circumventing the adblock detection. Have you compared page views to ad impressions or some other way?

I'd rather not go into that here. :)

Thanks for your post though. :)

I've stuck a request up here: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...o-optionally-periodically-break-forum.170520/

You may have an unusual situation, because I think in general most people or either going to remove the adblock or just stop going to your site. I would say the percentage of people who will spend time to try and circumvent an adblock detector would be pretty small unless your running a forum of coders or software engineers, then yes they'll do it just to piss you off and there will be no stopping them :) Good luck.

You may have an unusual situation, because I think in general most people or either going to remove the adblock or just stop going to your site. I would say the percentage of people who will spend time to try and circumvent an adblock detector would be pretty small unless your running a forum of coders or software engineers, then yes they'll do it just to piss you off and there will be no stopping them :) Good luck.
We have valuable content for the type of user we have. So they want to post there, but not have ads.
I'd rather them not post or use the website, personally. :)

Disappointed really. Just made the purchase, and adblock plus gets by with ease. Haven't been able to see the overlay because it seems adblock plus is defeating it.

Disappointed really. Just made the purchase, and adblock plus gets by with ease. Haven't been able to see the overlay because it seems adblock plus is defeating it.

As far as I know, there's no Adblock Detector that can't be defeated by AdBlock Plus at this point in time. If I'm incorrect please point me to the resource and I'll investigate.

In all likelihood, this will not work. What it will do is send members to your competitors who aren't requiring them to turn off the ad-blocker. Then you lose members without "recouping lost revenue".

I was thinking about installing this but then I thought about myself. When I get this on a page I simply just close that site never to return. I am not sure how one can get around this without chasing away members at all.

Pop-up message from this addon jumped me on a forum I visit periodically. I thought at a time I could install this on my forum, but then I found element .wutime-adblock-full--box and make him straight to the filter. Never saw pop-up again. Reason Im writing this is because I think that name should be randomized. Randomization would made impossibile to filter an element.

Top Bottom