[AD] WikiPosts [Deleted]

I don't think many would consider this without some kind of version control and ability to moderate edits or have some kind of workflow.

LOVE THE IDEA THOUGH
100% agree. The significant objection from the moderation team is that there will be a lot more work in dealing with edits from rival fanboys and people with grudges against other members generally.
Edits from certain usergroups need to go into the moderation queue.

I think this type of Wiki idea will really work. Given that our members are really not interested in doing anything outside of the forums themselves, separate Wiki pages would get ignored. But Sticky Wiki threads would be seen and used, I think.

i'd love to see an edit history :)
That's been part of standard Xenforo functionality for some time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xon
Like this addon, only bug with my forum site is.. Can't like the first post of my forum threads anymore.
To bad had to disable the addon wikiposts because we like the like button.

Get the error in dutch so can't translate exactly.. something like "the requisted topic can not be found" when push the like button.

:(

Sorry about the delay, but I'm unable to replicate this issue at all. Would you mind creating a ticket over at audentio.com?

I don't think many would consider this without some kind of version control and ability to moderate edits or have some kind of workflow.

LOVE THE IDEA THOUGH

It has version control (The Edit History included with XenForo is made available to anyone who can edit the post :))

I would love a wiki-resource ..... a certain category of my resources section has a glossary / definition of terms with wiki type content - I'd love anyone to be able to edit the resource but I'd like versioning and workflow :)
See above response :)
i'd love to see an edit history :)
See above response :)

100% agree. The significant objection from the moderation team is that there will be a lot more work in dealing with edits from rival fanboys and people with grudges against other members generally.
Hi Stuart,

That is actually a feature included in XenForo as part of the edit history I believe

Edits from certain usergroups need to go into the moderation queue.

I can look into something like this when we have some down time, been super busy lately :)

Just to let you know @Audentio Design , the thread prefix sorting option is broken with this plugin.

if you click on the 'wiki' thread prefix in the thread list, it loads a page with zero posts. this might have to do with the fact that im using route filters to change forums/rubber-tramping to just rubber-tramping or whatever.

https://squattheplanet.com/rubber-tramping/

when i click on the thread prefix i get:

https://squattheplanet.com/rubber-tramping/-/wikipost

can anything be done about this?

Haven't had time to make bugfixes to the WikiPost Add-on due to loads of client work. But we will fix it ASAP.

Regards,

Jake

Just to let you know @Audentio Design , the thread prefix sorting option is broken with this plugin.

if you click on the 'wiki' thread prefix in the thread list, it loads a page with zero posts. this might have to do with the fact that im using route filters to change forums/rubber-tramping to just rubber-tramping or whatever.

https://squattheplanet.com/rubber-tramping/

when i click on the thread prefix i get:

https://squattheplanet.com/rubber-tramping/-/wikipost

@Audentio Design i know you guys are pretty busy, but i'd be willing to throw down some cash to get this fixed.

Could I make a fairly important suggestion please?
Could we have an admin option page for this addon showing the node list in a multi-select drop-down menu to be able to pick which forums this addon applies to? Because editing 300 forums to enable it individually takes far too long.
Thanks.

Could I make a fairly important suggestion please?
Could we have an admin option page for this addon showing the node list in a multi-select drop-down menu to be able to pick which forums this addon applies to? Because editing 300 forums to enable it individually takes far too long.
Thanks.

Unfortunately that would require some substantial changes to the add-on to work properly. I'll look into an easier way to do this though.

Jake

Nice Addon. Hold it simple. :)

What, when I deinstall the addon after making some wiki threads? Will I lose the wiki threads or will they transformed to normal threads?

Top Bottom