Ad Block. Why i think Ad-Block is a great invention.

I think Ad-Block is one of the greatest tools that i've found on the internet. I've been using it for many months now. And it's one of the greatest things in my life.

I remember years ago youtube was great but throughout the years they got more and more ads. But last year i started to hate youtube. There was too many ads and i hate being forced to watch advertisement. I know there is many people who are influenced by advertising. And they make tons of money from advertising. But for the few people who are not. It really makes our time on the internet horrible.

That's one reason i hated tv. Too many ads. And now with netflix. I have never looked back to tv. I love netflix.

I know there is a lot of people going to argue with me that an "Internet without Ads" would shut down their website and that a lot of websites would be ruined. And i know google is losing billions because of ad-block.

But i believe that it would bring better quality websites. A lot of useless websites out there are made just to bring in revenue from ads.

Well i don't need ads to help me decide what to buy. I always do my research before buying things.

One last point. YouTube was the website that runied it for me. They finally forced me to get ad-block

In conclusion we should be supporting the websites we like. Even if it involves having to pay.

I support Ad-Block and an internet free of ads 110%

---added after---

In the past months. Ive also started to see different types of ways webmasters are changing due to this. I have seen

1. Unable to view websites unless you turn off ad-block (i never go back to these websites)

2. A popup or notice at the top of the of the website to turn it off (i usually don't turn it off)

3. The website works but the css is all messed up. So only half-half works. Sometimes i turn it off for a minute then turn it on. But I try not to come back to these sites

4. Ads turning into jpg photos and pretty much "begging" the users to turn it off. (this worked for me. It made me feel bad for the website) But really i dont care too much. I hate ads.

example below
ad_block_beggin.webp

As a webmaster i understand other webmasters. I didn't mind ads in the beginning. But the overuse of ads runied it for most of us. But i really hate ads. It's a fight against the people vs the webmaster. We must somehow evolve, make scripts to beat ad-block or make money other ways.. but how is the question of the future.

Last edited:
I have mixed thoughts about ads on websites. My own site is ad free and has been ad free since September 7th, 2014, and we plan on keeping it that way. But I do respect those who perhaps use their site as a business and with the sole purpose of generating revenue.

I only find ads truly troublesome when they become overbearing and you can no longer tell the difference between the content or the ads. Then there is of course those sites who have so many ads that it slows down their site and possibly even your browser. The most annoying ads are the once which force you to view them or end up playing some voice (sound) or video automatically.

That pisses people off. If you don't want sign-ups, go ahead and install that. I recently read a report of how less than 6% of the internet populous uses ad blocking software.

Couldn't that code be blocked using adblock itself? hehe
yeah i think it works like radars and radar detectors
lol i want a plugin that blocks my site from users with adblock installed.. haha
I was actually being funny because i've never really seen a use for adblocking software and think webmasters deserve some dues.. Hosting a popular site isn't usually cheap.. Shrug maybe i just dont surf that right kind of adult entertainment anymore. :LOL:

If the site is enjoyable enough to visit and read it's offering content, then you should in return not block said site's in most cases, only source of revenue. If you truly believe "I think Ad-Block is one of the greatest tools that i've found on the internet", you have most likely never run even a mid-size community, let alone a big board.

I have mixed thoughts about ads on websites. My own site is ad free and has been ad free since September 7th, 2014, and we plan on keeping it that way. But I do respect those who perhaps use their site as a business and with the sole purpose of generating revenue.

I only find ads truly troublesome when they become overbearing and you can no longer tell the difference between the content or the ads. Then there is of course those sites who have so many ads that it slows down their site and possibly even your browser. The most annoying ads are the once which force you to view them or end up playing some voice (sound) or video automatically.
I'd really like to hear how you accomplished this, particularly the part I've emphasized in bold. Partnering with Doctor Who?

If the site is enjoyable enough to visit and read it's offering content, then you should in return not block said site's in most cases, only source of revenue. If you truly believe "I think Ad-Block is one of the greatest tools that i've found on the internet", you have most likely never run even a mid-size community, let alone a big board.
Yes so true.
They can only say that if they're not running ads on their site or badly banned from adsense. :)
Most of medium to large forum is running and surviving from server high cost because of ads, without it nah it will hardly survive.

The thing is, advertisement isn't too bad. However, just like on television it's becoming more and more overkill and some sort of advertisements are more annoying than others (looking at you popups & youtube ads).

When I first installed adblock plus and compared the sites I frequently visit to how they were before I was shocked, the difference is huge. Suddenly the websites were clean, no annoying ads everywhere, nothing. Advertisement is okay, the amount, the places and the kind of advertisement is just annoying.

I think offers like Spotify and Netflix are the future. No advertisement, just paying a dedicated amount to use the service and be done with it.

Top Bottom