Browser issue Don't know its feature or not when quote reply with ad block on it wont allow reply

Dnyan

Affected version
xF2 RC 3
Today i tried to quote and reply one of the post, when i click reply i see ad block notification and reply did not work.

after that i disable ad blocker and click on reply. i am able to reply to thread by quoting.

Many users use ad blocker, if its feature we should be able to tell user about it to disable ad blocker.

By saying quote, i want to say when i click on someones posts as reply, it quote that post and then i write something in it and then click on post reply. when i click post reply ad blocker shows a block notification.

Kindly let us know is it feature of this new release.

I browse this website on chrome with ad blocker on in windows 7.

Last edited:
Well, it's neither a feature nor a bug.

Unfortunately ad blockers are an external piece of software and if they see something they don't like on the page, they will tend to block it. If there is nothing advertising related in the post content or even on the page at all then it's a false positive that would need to be reported to them so they can tune their detection methods.

FWIW, I use uBlock and I've never had any problems on any XF site, XF1 or XF2, whether they use advertising or not.

Top Bottom