Duplicate Activation of new registrations with email changed and not activated, instead it is active in the account.

Goose

Affected version
Hello.
On my forum I have the activation of the new registration manually.
If a user registers and activates the account via the link via email =>
User is awaiting my approval on the forum =>
While waiting for my approval, the user changes the email with an email that does not exist =>
When I activate the user, he will be "registered" and "approved"

In the Approval queue listing, you will see any changes to Settings made after initial registration.

If you have reason to believe the email has been changed to an invalid email address, change it back to the original from the Admin page before approving it.

If the member then tries to change it to an invalid email address, it will trigger re-verification.

Last edited:
Yeah this is a combination of being as designed, a duplicate as it has come up before and a design issue really.

The flow of user states is linear and we very deliberately don’t attempt to divert from the moderated state once they’re in it otherwise email confirmation might enable them to skip the approval queue entirely.

As above the changes should be tracked in the user change log and displayed in the approval queue so you can make an informed decision before approving.

And if it was a significant issue you could place them in the awaiting approval state yourself and send the email confirmation but generally it shouldn’t be.

If you have email bouncing set up then they will be notified if they’ve entered their email address incorrectly eventually.

Yeah this is a combination of being as designed, a duplicate as it has come up before and a design issue really.

The flow of user states is linear and we very deliberately don’t attempt to divert from the moderated state once they’re in it otherwise email confirmation might enable them to skip the approval queue entirely.

As above the changes should be tracked in the user change log and displayed in the approval queue so you can make an informed decision before approving.

And if it was a significant issue you could place them in the awaiting approval state yourself and send the email confirmation but generally it shouldn’t be.

If you have email bouncing set up then they will be notified if they’ve entered their email address incorrectly eventually.
Ok.
I believed that if a user, after confirming the e-mail and returned to await e-mail confirmation, before approval, that user does not appear in the approval queue, until he confirms the e-mail.

If this change were possible, it would be perfect.

Thanks!

Top Bottom