1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Activation email isn't responsive

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by imthebest, Apr 28, 2015.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Hi,

I can see that XenForo's transactional emails like watched threads are responsive however the account activation email isn't responsive because the large URL contining the activation link is being displayed in a single line.

Thanks,
    Super120

2. Optic

Optic Well-Known Member

The activation link email seems to wrap fine for me on Gmail for narrow widths:
    activation-email.png
    Maybe its due to your email client? Which one are you using?

3. imthebest

The stock mail app that comes with Android 4.4.2

IIRC if I receive an email about a watched thread and the title is long it wraps fine however the problem seems to be only with activation emails (same email client).

4. imthebest

I just tested on the mobile version of Outlook (using my browser) and the activation link doesn't wraps thus causing the email to not be responsive.

5. imthebest

And now I tested on the mobile version of Gmail (using my browser) and the activation link wraps fine.

So maybe it's an Outlook/Hotmail specific issue? I don't know...

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  6. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be the first time Microsoft had a product that rendered designs differently (worse) than everyone else.

Internet Explorer

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Not wrapping on the "/" seems like a failure of the mail program as this is a standard character to consider "breaking". Regardless, I have tweaked this.

imthebest likes this.