As designed ACP Navbar Tabs Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
R

ragtek

Again me with the same tabs problem (as in the navbar and profile tabs);)

But it's more critical here, because the tabs which doesn't fit in the navbar aren't shown anywhere (also the right link to the forum index page)......

Attachments

• bug1.webp
    bug1.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 45
In a conversation with Kier I had a while ago, he told me the intended design of the ACP tabs was that only XenForo would include the main tabs in the top, while "Applications" was designed to have an extended sidebar for each add-on. Obviously, some add-ons (I see a CMS being one) could require / utilize a top tab, but many I can't see needing them. I see you have a "Create New Phrase" tab... Is that REALLY needed? I was able to turn my "tab" into a side bar without much trouble.

Everything, what is in the sidebar needs more clicks until they implement http://xenforo.com/community/threads/acp-navigation.9648/

To create a new add-on/phrase/template i would need 2 extra clicks:D
I know it's nothing, but if you create add-ons 24/7 this small changes save really much time....

But i didn't start this thread because of "my problems", i started it, because more and more add-ons are starting adding there own tabs and then the people will lose some of there tabs...

Everything, what is in the sidebar needs more clicks until they implement http://xenforo.com/community/threads/acp-navigation.9648/

To create a new add-on/phrase/template i would need 2 extra clicks:D
I know it's nothing, but if you create add-ons 24/7 this small changes save really much time....

But i didn't start this thread because of "my problems", i started it, because more and more add-ons are starting adding there own tabs and then the people will lose some of there tabs...
The issue is really over zealous use. I'm not saying against it, but we as add-on developers should only utilize them when absolutely necessary. Open up "Project Tools"... how many options are there? XenTrader? I don't use them, but 90% don't require a tab.

As designed for the reasons laid out. You're very much on the extreme edge of what's "expected" for the tabs. :)

Top Bottom