ACP Extended (ACPE) [Deleted]

Well I have disabled until I find out why an addon that promotes security for your website does outside calls, and that this is not mentioned in the product description.

What the hell, I deserve to know. It is my website it is installed on.

Yeah you just never know, especially when it's an ACP add-on. I did not like the idea of setting / to 755 either instead of 750 so I didn't. Plus, your .htpassword file should always be in your home directory and never directly in public_html (/).

At the same time if you entered a bogus URL when you activated your license on the xenMade site then it could be that it just keeps checking for validation and cannot so it keeps trying. That’s another possibility. Some people do that just like when they use a bogus email address when they sign up for an account.

Last edited:
I mean the addon call to xen-hilfe.de for the update hints on your acp home site. au lait said such things to me for a longer time in the beta phase.
On any way it (the addon) must become the informations about new xenforo updates and at i know, the addon becomes it centralized from xen-hilfe.de. ;) I think the point is, that its so better than X calls to xenforo.com directly.

But you can make a suggestion to become a option to deactivate the update infos on acp home and so the out going calls... :whistle:

And I say au lait, he should add it to the description - its no problem.

Last edited:
Yeah it makes you wonder, but when you activated your license you had to enter your license URL right? It's probably periodically calling back to the mother ship checking for counterfeit installs. At least that's my guess.

Maybe the developer will respond, but your server is probably blocking the secure validation connection and is the reason for the error.
None of my add-ons has a calling back!!!
looking at the source code! I have nothing to hide!

Dont get upset. I just an admin of a forum for over 12 years. Need to know stuff. And if this is what is is, then the need to know is important.

... he is blocking the external call? The addon cant in default not work correct and give out a error. I can reproduce this, when I also block this external call. ;)

But, when he deactivate the cron, like au lait say - the error is gone. But he becomes no new update notices at this time with deactivated cron ...

The real question is why was he getting the error in the first place?
The error indicated my software couldnt connect to the remote server of the op.
I believe the remote connection timed out without responce.

Luckily I always make a quick SQL backup before installing or updating any add-on and I went ahead and installed this one again v1.3. After it was finished it locked me out of the ACP because it said my ip was not allowed :mad:

EVERYONE, MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING THIS MOD!!!

I won’t be installing this one ever again, I’m done…

Luckily I always make a quick SQL backup before installing or updating any add-on and I went ahead and installed this one again v1.3. After it was finished it locked me out of the ACP because it said my ip was not allowed :mad:

EVERYONE, MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING THIS MOD!!!

I won’t be installing this one ever again, I’m done…
Hello,
where exactly is your problem, what IP you have and what you have entered !?

I always help and care always making sure everyone is happy! But this post is unhelpful!
I have no time for kid stuff. Do you have a problem, write it!
To date, everyone was happy with my support. But I can only help if you write reasonable!

A bad review is not helpful!

Last edited:
Does not matter, it should have never locked me out in the first place. Just deleting you phc folder in the libray directory go me back in, but that's not the point.
Through your unqualified Post You've impeded troubleshooting!
I understand that at first was annoying! But no software is error free!

I wanted to send you a message. Unfortunately, I can not do that! So no new version for testing...

Bug but found and fixed!

How can I disable the firewall if I get locked out due to ip changing? I'd rather not disable listeners. The other addon had a specific line to add to config.php, can you do that?

Through your unqualified Post You've impeded troubleshooting!
I understand that at first was annoying! But no software is error free!

I wanted to send you a message. Unfortunately, I can not do that! So no new version for testing...

Bug but found and fixed!

I don’t purchase add-ons that are still in beta because I don’t want to be a beta tester. I don’t have time for all of the associated problems that go along with it. I did that before and not anymore. I want something that has been fully debugged and works. It’s understandable when minor bugs that somehow got missed are found later on, but in this case it’s the extreme. There was no mention that this add-on was still pretty much in beta. You can say it isn’t, but it is.

Top Bottom