Lack of interest ACP Collapsible categories and nodes in the Nodes window

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

bernhard84

In our forum there are over 1000 nodes and it is getting worse to display them all in nodes. The page is slow and every moment you think it hangs.

It would be nice if you could just collapse it depending on the category and then keep expanding it. I think that would make the page faster and also much clearer.
Or you can make an extra page for each category where the nodes are listed.

That would be a wonderful feature and would improve the general work with Xenforo extremely.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Question... have you contemplated the use of prefixes?
1000 nodes is WAY more than ANY forum I'd enjoy visiting.

At the same time, choosing from a list of 1000 prefixes would be pretty daunting too!
Not really... because you wouldn't have all 1000 in one node. I'm SURE that their site can be done very similar to mine. Some nodes may have 25 or 30 prefixes, others have 10 or less.
And I doubt that the impact on the DB from the ACP is anywhere near what it is for node listing.

Although I think 1000 nodes is way too many I have voted for this. I have 37 nodes and ithink that is way too many !

I have managed to cut it down from over 60 by using prefixes but I still think a method that shows expandable categories would be great and much better for useability.

It would be nice if you could just collapse it depending on the category and then keep expanding it. I think that would make the page faster and also much clearer.
Even collapsed they will be loaded so it's not a solution.

Or you can make an extra page for each category where the nodes are listed.
You can set this in your ACP /admin.php?options/groups/nodeList/#categoryOwnPage. Then you can define a new home page (Whats' new page for example) and thus avoid loading your 1000 nodes.

Although I think 1000 nodes is way too many I have voted for this. I have 37 nodes and ithink that is way too many !

I have managed to cut it down from over 60 by using prefixes but I still think a method that shows expandable categories would be great and much better for useability.
Oh, so did I.... but you can carry this over to ANY area that you may have a long list.... including the prefixes and nodes in the ACP. Breaking them down by Category could be nice.

I do not mean on the homepage!
There are maybe 50 nodes.

I mean in the ACP panel at Nodes:
/admin.php?nodes/

There are really all listed among each other. Also the sub forums of the sub forums.

There are maybe 50 nodes.
Even 50 on the home page is WAY to many. And then as you delve down to have around a 1000.... as I said, for the forum itself sounds like it would benefit HIGHLY from use of Prefixes.
But being to collapse CATEGORIES in the ACP would be nice.

I've voted for this, i have lots of nodes too as i have a load of search forums. Have prefixes too, but need to filter threads depending upon certain tags.

Top Bottom