Accessing custom user fields on the thread list page

Zeras

Is there an easy way to gain access to specific custom user fields on the thread list (view forum) page? $user is available on the actual view thread page, but that does not appear to be the case on the thread list page. I would assume this is to avoid the extra overhead in loading user records for each thread when only a few fields are being used on the thread list page.

In this case, I really need access to the custom user fields on the thread list page. If there is an easy way of accessing those fields, I would definitely like to know.

Thanks!

Do you mean the fields of the thread starter? If so, you're correct; they're not loaded. You would need to look into extending XenForo_Model_Thread::prepareThreadFetchOptions() so that the xf_user_profile table is pulled in when FETCH_USER is enabled. That should make it available.

Do you mean the fields of the thread starter? If so, you're correct; they're not loaded. You would need to look into extending XenForo_Model_Thread::prepareThreadFetchOptions() so that the xf_user_profile table is pulled in when FETCH_USER is enabled. That should make it available.
Yes, that's it, Mike. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Top Bottom