About SEO

Dark_Hunter

Hey, I noticed in the URL that the title of the thread, I also noticed it does words below 3 or less, like "the" and "is" not sure if you all know this but Google ignores words less than 3 letters. Sorry if you don't get it.

I've heard also that when writing a title for an article you should try and avoid 1,2 and 3 common words like: "the, and, is, was, a, it" e.t.c. But people will still use them because they are so commonly used words.

Must admit though, when I used WordPress and wrote articles. I did avoid using them in titles. Not as easy to do as you might think too.

Talking forums, it's pretty impossible to stop members using them. You need to be running a site where only you start things, so have full control over the titles used. Hence why I brought-up using WordPress as a prime an example.

Unless of course you allow members to join your Blog and start articles.

LOL
you better go and use WordPress then, great idea ! :D

But you can also start a Forum, at which members are not allowed to use words like "this", "is", "the", "end", "my", "friend".

That is actually a great business-idea for a targeted niche-Forum :rolleyes:

I've heard also that when writing a title for an article you should try and avoid 1,2 and 3 common words like: "the, and, is, was, a, it" e.t.c. But people will still use them because they are so commonly used words.

Must admit though, when I used WordPress and wrote articles. I did avoid using them in titles. Not as easy to do as you might think too.

Using them in the title is perfectly fine, you just need to drop the common words from the url.

I'm certainly confused, did not know google and other search engines had so much respect for forums at all, let alone a specific company.

?
I think he means, as he said in the rest of his post, that before vBSEO came along, SEO wasn't a big "thing" in the forum industry (as in, it wasn't something forum administrators were really concerned with).

Hey, I noticed in the URL that the title of the thread, I also noticed it does words below 3 or less, like "the" and "is" not sure if you all know this but Google ignores words less than 3 letters. Sorry if you don't get it.

They used to omit some three-letter words. Not anymore.

As far as vBSEO is concerned, it's useless on a 4.x board. vB 3.8.x did have some duplicate content and canonicalization issues (easily fixable yourself, however). vB 4 is fixed in this regard. Even still, Google is usually smart enough to filter out supplemental content pages even without the help of nofollow (like a 'show printable' page, etc).

I know this won't change the mind of people who swear by it, but whatever :p It's your money not mine.

Top Bottom