1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 About registration Form Timer

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Regina Ortega, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Regina Ortega

Regina Ortega Active Member

I see that new Xenforo comes with this option in registration options. So the plugin is not necessary anymore? What happen if i have this option active and the plugin as well?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You should remove the plugin.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

The reg form timer add-on includes detailed logging for failed registration attempts amongst other options.

As well as integration with StopBotters, a highly effective API which can also prevent registrations based on other criteria.

My recommendation is to turn the default registration timer off (set it to 0) and allow the add-on to do the timer bit.

Eventually the add on will remove the custom timer and leave the default and have all the logging API stuff alongside the default timer.
  4. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

I just noticed that the XF timer actually shows on the registration form (counting down!)
    Bad idea! I think this is most effective when the people don't know it exists....

Gonna disable and use another one.....