About Add-on Shares

Your own plugin (free add-on) Turkey Turkish support system that I xfdestek.com' You're also allowed to share?

If it is your addon, and you have not given permission for someone to redistribute it on other sites, no, no one is allowed to share it.

If they are your addons you can do what ever you want to do with them.

If they are someone else’s addons you can only use them according to the developers licensing agreement. You would not be allowed to redistribute them without consent.

@DragonByte Tech @ozzy47 I know you from the vBulletin and I give you the same support in vBulletin. I would not want to talk to you that way.
However, I can not take you as an interlocutor. If you have any content that you are uncomfortable with, I will remove it immediately. I do not understand why you're so hostile.

If there is a violation of a rule, you can only ask me to remove the content. You can not deactivate my license.

If there is a violation of a rule, you can only ask me to remove the content. You can not deactivate my license.

You need to ask permission to add the content. Not doing so is breaking copyright law which in turn is breaking the terms of your XF license. That means XF can terminate your license.

Edit: You're being very polite/reasonable but you just have things slightly backwards regarding permission which is what people are taking issue with. You can't assume permission unless told no, you have to assume no permission and ask for it.

You're distributing several of our add-ons on your site as well without permission, please remove these. There is no need to distribute an entire add-on, if you want to provide translations that is of course fine, but even our free add-ons do not allow redistribution only our open source add-ons do.

Last edited:
@RobParker I usually get permission for the broadcast anyway. Thank you very much for your approach.
@Emre Did you get the answer?
I think this issue should close here.
I wish everyone to work well.
Yes, I got the answer. Are you friendly? are your Enemy? I did not you share :) I never shared without permission. This issue is now affecting us all.

I’m maybe missing something but I don’t see why a support forum needs to host the files. Why can’t it link to the files on here?

By all means, offer support but don’t redistribute the code that you don’t have permission to.

And if it’s going to do anything make language packs and release those on their support site. I don’t understand why it’s so hard for people to understand this concept.

@RobParker I usually get permission for the broadcast anyway. Thank you very much for your approach.
@Emre Did you get the answer?
I think this issue should close here.

I wish everyone to work well.
I see you’re still liking posts here but haven’t removed the styles I politely asked you to do 2hrs ago. That just shows you don’t give a rats ass about what is being said in this thread, you even branded the images so it looks like your site created it. You have no business being part of this site until you follow these simple requests.

I see you’re still liking posts here but haven’t removed the styles I politely asked you to do 2hrs ago. That just shows you don’t give a rats ass about what is being said in this thread, you even branded the images so it looks like your site created it. You have no business being part of this site until you follow these simple requests.

Your attachments have been removed from our site. Also watch out for your conversations. All kinds of sharing is prohibited. There is not much to talk about. Your files have been removed. Congratulations to xenforo.com Management. Should I also remove Facebook share buttons?

Dear friends, developers and responsables
Discussing in this way is obviously not a solution.
All members has to stay calm.
If there's a problem, we need to talk about how we will overcome it. Punishing members or users is not the right result.

When a developer uploads something, they are giving XenForo.com permission to decide how they get distributed, just as much as XenForo.com gives developers permission on what they can upload. It is an organized agreement. When you take them without the developer's permission, you remove that balance. So your argument of "Since XenForo does, so can we" is invalid. Developers are allowed to remove resources here as well, as part of that agreement, which XenForo.com has always been extremely helpful with. You not acting is another violation.

ETA: For what its worth, I think its great you want to help other developers offer support (if thats indeed your real goal). You can still do this without distributing code. And we all should be grateful, but please do respect the wishes of each developer and their license.

Top Bottom