1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ability to Dislike a Post

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Amaury, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

This is related to this, but since there can only be one suggestion per thread, here is a separate thread.

Anyway, I'm not talking about just unliking a post you previously liked, but actually unliking a post to reduce a member's like account because you disagree with them, thought their posts was a personal attack, etc.
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Amaury likes this.
  3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I'm glad that the developers has said no the unlike/dislike. It's something that is very negative and I wouldn't want to see it on my forums.

If you want to have something more complex than just Likes, there is the Post Ratings add-on which does include a Disagree rating.
    Puntocom and Amaury like this.
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

That's what I meant, yes.

Though it will not be implemented, if a staff member could change Unlike to Dislike in the title, that would be appreciated.
  5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

You will have to get Post Ratings to dislike a post.
    SneakyDave and Amaury like this.
  6. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I'd like to see this added to the core, but as an option. Some people may want this and others may not. Let the Admin decide.
    51463 likes this.