Implemented Ability to access media gallery

lostincable

I would like to suggest the ability when posting select an icon and be presented with a list of your images from the media gallery.

And or be given the ability to load an image into the media gallery if one doesn't exist whilst posting.

Benefits i see:

1. This wall save users time have having to copy paste BB code or URLs into forum posts
  2. Will drive increased Media sharing by making the media from the media gallery more front of mind and easier to access
I am sure there is plenty more but something I would really like to see in the core.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would like to suggest the ability when posting select an icon and be presented with a list of your images from the media gallery.
It requires some updating for XF2, but this is part of XFMG. You can see the placeholder for it right now with the camera icon. (You can see how this worked in XF1 via the admin demo, otherwise you'll have to wait until it's updated for XF2.)

I think the main thing it didn't cover was uploading media to the gallery from there.

It requires some updating for XF2, but this is part of XFMG. You can see the placeholder for it right now with the camera icon. (You can see how this worked in XF1 via the admin demo, otherwise you'll have to wait until it's updated for XF2.)

I think the main thing it didn't cover was uploading media to the gallery from there.

So it's planned for future to enhance the picture icon to link into the media gallery completely?

I do like the way photos are embedded using the Gallery tag - big improvement over XF1

The only thing our members are likely to complain about is the lack of EXIF information displayed in the tab - but I think they can just click through to the image in the gallery to view that, so shouldn't be a huge issue.

However - I do notice that there is no ability to browse categories or search for images - I assume the "Other's media" is simply showing the most recent images?

1507578947580.webp

... with over 300,000 images in our gallery and the practice of uploading hundreds of photos at a time, I'm not sure how useful the embed media dialog this is going to be.

Could we perhaps have a tree navigation to browse through a list of categories? Especially if we allow albums within categories.

1507579119960.webp

(you may want to split this post to a separate suggestion?)

I don’t know what form it will take yet but there will be some sort of filter bar. You may notice there’s no filter bars anywhere - e.g. unlike MG1 you can’t filter out based on media type or sort by likes or comments and that kind of thing. They will be added and the embed dialog will be considered at the same time.

Top Bottom