can't access media gallery options even though permissions seem right?

sross

"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

This is when I go to options-> xenforo media gallery

My user is in Administrators group with all options set to Yes
My user permissions have all options set to Yes as well

I am not sure why it would be blocking me? Thanks for any help.

Can you use the Permission Analyser tool to double check the permissions?

I notice that you say, This is when I go to options-> xenforo media gallery. But the permissions must be set for each group at the Group Permission tab and not the settings. Did you configure the permissions there too?

Hi, the Analyzer says administrative group has full permissions and my user has full permissions. Pretty sure I configed everything. I'm coming from vbulletin so still getting my head around this. I can access everything but the gallery settings, resource manager, nobito groups, all other xF settings..

Access to the XFMG options in the ACP are not controlled by the permissions in the Administrative user group, which are permissions for the forums. Being a member of this user group also doesn't make you an administrator,

Administrators are added in the ACP at Users > Administrators (note that you have to be a Super Administrator to access this). It's here that you can select the permissions that an Administrator has. One permission is the ability to manage XFMG. You will need to select this option to be able to access the XFMG settings in the ACP.

On a separate note, as you're coming from VB you may not have your group permissions set in the correct way for XenForo. Every member (including admins and moderators) should have the Registered user group as their primary user group. Additional permissions are then given to users by also being in one or more secondary user groups. Details can be found here:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

Thanks guys, I'm in. I had to add super administrator to library/config.php :)

As for groups, i only have 5-6 groups and they are very static. Does this still warrant moving all users to registered users? We're talking 80,000 accounts and I hate to break anything..

Yes, you should still follow the permissions guide and make the Registered group everyone's primary user group. You will need to redo your permissions accordingly and you can use Batch Update Users in the ACP to help. It'll be worth doing now as it'll make things easier in the future.