A Titanfall forum - www.Titanfall-Community.com

WhoIsDo

TF452.jpg

www.Titanfall-Community.com

When the rumors first circled about Titanfall earlier last year, I really wanted to setup a fan site for it. Work and a few other projects got in the way, but I was finally able to get my Titanfall forum started last November.

I'm using a fantastic theme from @Russ (thanks for the help along the way!), and quite a few different modifications. I've made some adjustments to the postbit area, but I still have a little ways to go until I get finished with it. Here's what I have so far:

Postbit - January 2013.webpPostbit - Stryder.webpPostbit - Atlas.webp

Before someone mentions it, I definitely need to update my user title to avoid the duplicate instances of "Administrator", haha. The "Favorite Titan" option features all three announced Titans for the game based on your selection, but I'll be expanding on that in the near future with some ideas that I have.

I'm not overly happy with how the XBL, YouTube & other options are displayed at the bottom. If anyone has a better idea on a way to include those in a more "visually appeasing" manner, I'm all ears.

Notices - January 2013.webp

I have that same general "notice" setup for a few different sections of the site. I'm likely going to tweak it again, but a big thanks again to @Russ for helping me out with that. Any feedback you may have on the current "notice" setup would be greatly appreciated.

I have a few more ideas that I've yet to fully implement, but I'm really anxious to get going on those over the next few months. We've formed a small following so far, but some of my SEO work is starting to progress and I think we'll pick up quite considerably in the near future.

My next focus will likely be on some sort of ranking system for the users, as the "stars" that are there now are just a placeholder until I get a better idea of what to do.

Excited for Titanfall? Be sure to sign up on my Titanfall Forum & give me any feedback that you may have!

Last edited:
Really like that notice. What is that? I've seen that on a couple forums now and would love to have something similar.

Nice idea with the forum; I too can not wait for the game to come out. Good luck :)

Thanks, and glad to hear that you're excited about the game. I sent you a PM with some information that should help you!

Nice looking forum. :cool:

As a non-gamer, perhaps a prominent link somewhere to a thread (maybe an XF page would be a good solution modeled after the Wikipedia entry for the game) that gives the overall description & background of the game would be my only suggestion.

Nice looking forum. :cool:

As a non-gamer, perhaps a prominent link somewhere to a thread (maybe an XF page would be a good solution modeled after the Wikipedia entry for the game) that gives the overall description & background of the game would be my only suggestion.

Been debating that back & forth. Most people who end up here will have decent understanding of the title, but I have something in the works to help people dive a bit deeper as well. Great suggestion though!

Im interested to find out how you made those postbit :rolleyes: its a good looking forum straight to the point and doesn't confuse the users, the social options personaly I like them because they add some color, but that's just me ;) A+

Really nice looking forum, great job on the style! I like the styling of the post-bit the best, the images work well, and the staff banner colors make them "pop".

Hey @Douglas Veney - I was about to get the gloves off to squash the Competition :D - but now I know it's yourself, I feel that urge fading slightly. You're a nice guy and I wish you success.

Interesting that you're using this style - We were about to launch it on Titanfall Gamer as a dark alternative.

Still, friendly competition is welcomed! Hopefully going to a Dev session to play the final game this week!

Good luck!

@Thom Tyler - With our two Titanfall sites, I think we'll be dominating that scene. Just checked out the site, and it looks to have improved quite a bit since the last time I checked!

Pretty sick about the dev session. Is that over in the UK (I think you're in the UK, haha)?

Best of luck to you!

Great looking forum as always Doug. Did you get rid of the forum for StickSkills or are you planning on putting that up on Xenforo in the future? :)

Top Bottom