XF 2.2 A quick (I hope) search for user question

Mendalla

Okay, I want to see how many users actually use an optional custom field that I am thinking of eliminating. I use it but don't really need the info out there and I suspect many others don't bother. It is certainly not relevant to our real purpose and mission.

So I am looking the Search for Users screen and wondering how to do a "contains data" or "*" type search on a custom text field to see who comes up and how many. Am I just missing something? I tried the administrator manual and can't find anything there (yet, still looking but thinking the community might have an answer quicker).

I could do this in minutes on the systems I manage at work so I am hoping this is as simple.

Solution
Wildcard searches aren't possible in custom user fields.

Literally the only way you can do it is by searching for each letter of the alphabet separately.

It would be quicker and easier to check the DB directly.
Wildcard searches aren't possible in custom user fields.

Literally the only way you can do it is by searching for each letter of the alphabet separately.

It would be quicker and easier to check the DB directly.

Solution
166 profiles (I have a couple thousand registered users but only about 25-50 active) have the field completed, most of them people who are long-gone. Guess it is going bye-bye but I am polling the active users to see what they think.

Top Bottom