1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 how to search for user "language setting" ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by erich37, Jan 10, 2015.

  1. erich37

    erich37 Well-Known Member

    I have a "german-language" forum. So the "german language" is set as default language in ACP.

    However, some of my users have "english" activated as their setting.


    Now I would like to find (search) for users which have "english" set as their default language.
    How do I find users via ACP who have their language set as "english" versus "german" ?

    Is there a chance to do this somehow ?



    I would like to set all my already registered users towards my "standard language" which is "german". The issue is, that only newly registered users will have the "german language" as per default. Users which have an older registration-date do have set their language towards "english", so I would like to correct this and change it towards "german".

    But it seems I need to go through all users manually and check their "preferences".
    This is a lot of manual work. Is there a way to change this with just a few clicks instead of manually checking each user ?


    Issue:
    - when I set a specific "style" as "standard style", then all users will see the "standard style". This is fine.
    - when I set a specific "language" as "standard language", then only newly registered users will see the "standard language", users who registered before changing the settings will not see the "standard language". This is an issue.



    Many thanks!
     
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  2. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    You could do it with a query - do you have access to phpMyAdmin?
     
  3. erich37

    erich37 Well-Known Member

    hmmm... I am no expert in phpMyAdmin.
     
  4. Walter

    Walter Well-Known Member

    Steps to correct this:

    1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Open phpmyadmin
    3. Do a "SELECT * FROM xf_language" in phpmyadmin and note the language_id of your target language German (probably 2 because the default English usually is 1)
    4. Do this Update statement but replace the word REPLACETHIS with the language_id of your target language German:

      UPDATE xf_user
      SET language_id = REPLCAETHIS
      WHERE language_id != REPLACETHIS;
      COMMIT;
     
    erich37 likes this.
  5. erich37

    erich37 Well-Known Member

    many thanks Walter.


    Generally speaking, I think this is some kind of bug.... since the "language settings" should work similar as the "style settings".

    :confused:
     
  6. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    It's not a bug.
     

Share This Page