Add-on A much better status system.

Crayo

Previously with MyBB we had a great custom status plugin which allowed you to comment from the sidebar, and like a status from the side bar. I'm not sure whether I should simply request a whole new plugin, or just request someone to edit the current one, but I would really like those two features for our Xenforo status system.

I like how you can make a status from the sidebar, and from the drop down, but having those two features added on would make it perfect - just like ours was before. Of course I'll be paying for it.

Anyone interested? Or have any questions?

I'm not expressing an interest in creating this, but when you say "comment from the sidebar", what do you mean?

Which sidebar? Will it be global? Perhaps a mock up of what you would like would assist developers.

Well IDK about liking from the sidebar, but does bd widget framework not have an add-on for status updates/update from sidebar option? *it's free*

I haven't seen the like option yet.

I'm not expressing an interest in creating this, but when you say "comment from the sidebar", what do you mean?

Which sidebar? Will it be global? Perhaps a mock up of what you would like would assist developers.
I would happily give you a mock up, but my graphic skills are non-existent. By comment from the sidebar, I mean comment to an already made status from the sidebar, instead of having to click their profile and comment to their profile post.

Example of what our one was like on MyBB:
AIDprHg.png

As you can see, you can comment on the status itself from the sidebar, and the heart/speech bubble indicated how many likes it has and how many comments it has. The likes wouldn't need to count to anything, or be recorded. Hope this reply helps.

This is our current one btw:

v1FiJSh.png

You can see it live at http://wweforums.net

Well IDK about liking from the sidebar, but does bd widget framework not have an add-on for status updates/update from sidebar option? *it's free*

I haven't seen the like option yet.
Yeah it already has that. I wasn't requesting that :p. You can update your status both from the sidebar, from the drop down menu, and from your actual profile. That part is fine.

Looks like I explained myself poorly, I apologise. I meant comment onto already made statuses.

User A status: "Nice forum"
User B comments on that status: "I agree"

That's much more descriptive than "a much better status system". :)

Should be relatively easy to implement but I'd post this in the suggestion forum first because this sounds like a useful core feature.

Lol you're right, but I honestly wasn't sure whether I was going to just pay for a new status system all together, or a simple edit.

Also, not sure why the core would need a status sidebar, when there could be a perfect add-on for it. Adding inline comments, and maybe likes, would make the already made status add-on more or less perfect.

Lol you're right, but I honestly wasn't sure whether I was going to just pay for a new status system all together, or a simple edit.

Also, not sure why the core would need a status sidebar, when there could be a perfect add-on for it. Adding inline comments, and maybe likes, would make the already made status add-on more or less perfect.

/me needs to stop forgetting the status bar is not core

Top Bottom