A Forum 'By Invitation Only' - can this be done?

Divinum Fiat

Is it possible to create a forum 'by invitation only'? The only other forum, which I believe is a custom forum built in Germany, is www.internations.org. There is a hover-over or window that says 'membership is by invitation only.'

In other words, my forum is related to a specific niche and the purpose for this pop-over or 'window' will be to 1. prevent the wrong type of individual to come into the forum and 2. to have the forum spread virally by one person telling another, etc. and 3. by making people feel 'special' that they have been invited. It's like being a VIP without having to pay the price.

Does anyone know if this can be done and do you know developers on here that can do this?

Thanks all!:)

Thanks, ragtek! Unfortunately something seems to be wrong with my sign-up here (submitted a ticket). when I try clicking on your link I get to that post but when I clock on any of your pictures it tells me I must be logged in to do that and when I try logging in again it says that I'm not a member. :-(

What I did see in your thread is that if I ever eliminate a member all of his invites will get automatically deleted too? Is this correct or did I misunderstand this?

Out of curiosity, do you know of any sites who are currently using this feature? Id' love to see it in action. :D

Thanks, ragtek! Unfortunately something seems to be wrong with my sign-up here (submitted a ticket). when I try clicking on your link I get to that post but when I clock on any of your pictures it tells me I must be logged in to do that and when I try logging in again it says that I'm not a member. :-(

What I did see in your thread is that if I ever eliminate a member all of his invites will get automatically deleted too? Is this correct or did I misunderstand this?

Out of curiosity, do you know of any sites who are currently using this feature? Id' love to see it in action. :D

That is ragtek's website not xenforo, I have had the same issue a few time because he has kept the default style I keep thinking I am still on xf.com... you would need to sign up on ragtek's site!

Hm, didn't know that several users are having this problem:D

I'm no designer and i don't want to hire & pay somebody for my add-ons page:D
Don't you look at the link that you're clicking?:P

Top Bottom