A few questions

test122

Just wanted to know a few questions before buying the script;
- Can the following/followers be simply changed to friends? If not then is it possible to rename Following/Followers, doing a comedy forum so would like to put something else instead.
- Can the image captcha be implemented into the signup process?
- Can usergroups be colored? And a legend appear on the main forum page?

Just wanted to know a few questions before buying the script;
- Can the following/followers be simply changed to friends? If not then is it possible to rename Following/Followers, doing a comedy forum so would like to put something else instead.
- Can the image captcha be implemented into the signup process?
- Can usergroups be colored? And a legend appear on the main forum page?

Follow/ Following etc can be changed in Phrases.
? Don't know re captcha. SOMEONE ELSE?
I've seen at least one addon for colouring usergroups.
Not sure what you mean by "legend." I designed my main forum page to have a title graphic quite easily. Placing it somewhere else isn't a problem.
XF on the admin side is very good and even has a system to help for template edits around upgrades.

• As Morgain said, it's easy to change Followers/Following to anything else by accessing the correct phrase in the Admin Control Panel. If you go with XF let us know and we'll walk you through it.
  • There are people who have the picture Captcha set up, but there have been some issue with it security-wise if I remember correctly. Not me personally, but that's what I've heard - true or not. But if you want to use that, it's entirely possible. Again, this would be something that would be discussed if you decided to purchase.
  • User groups can be color coded, as is discussed here. There's also a tutorial of sorts in the help section of XenForo. Matter of fact, it's a REALLY easy change to make.
  • As to a Legend, you can incorporate this easily into your own Help section by changing a phrase.
As you can see, everything you need is able to be done. Trust me when I say that you'll love XenForo if you decide to go this way.

Actually one more question, will a mybb to xenforo converter be available lets say a month from now? I know there's a mybb >vb > xenforo route but I don't have a vb license. I started another forum few months ago which is on mybb, no rush though if an official is coming soon I could wait.

Top Bottom