XF 1.4 A few questions

MirandaSings

Hi I'm new to Xenforo.

I have a few questions:
1) How do I change the title of my forum and add a logo (I already have a logo)
2) I set all my permissions but the permissions aren't being applied?
3) How do I create forums within a forum? Whenever I try to do that the forum is put on the outside (home page) and not the inside of the forum.
4) How do you lock a forum but only have staff members post in it? Or hide forums from registered users and only visible by staff members?
5) How do I add my facebook page on the home?

I tried to navigate the admin panel but I'm new here and the admin panel seems hard to navigate.

It might be an idea for you to post some screenshots of what you see when you visit your site and the other site you referenced in your previous post. Currently both sites just normal to us.

This is what I see, anyway I can maybe make the template look bigger/zoomed in? Maybe make the staff online bar bigger?
J6YPzdr.png

Also I can't install any add ons because there's always some type of error whenever I upload an xml file?

Ok I have a few more questions regarding addons and what not o;
1) How do I change the color of categories?
2) What addon is this?
addon.webp

3) How do I put the description of each forum outside and not on the inside?
Example:
addon2.webp

4) Why doesn't Taiga Shoutbox work? I installed the addon and enabled it but it doesn't appear anywhere v:
TaigaChat - AJAX Shoutbox

5) How to add this logo to staff online?
addon3.webp

Sorry for so many questions lol

How do I change the color of categories?
Check here: CSS - Multi Coloured Category Nodes | customizeXF

What addon is this?
I think it's Modern Statistics from ******* (but you won't get it here on XenForo)

How do I put the description of each forum outside and not on the inside?
You mean not in the popup?

Why doesn't Taiga Shoutbox work? I installed the addon and enabled it but it doesn't appear anywhere
Ask in add-on's discussion thread.

How to add this logo to staff online?
Check the sidebar_online_users template and search for {xen:phrase staff_online_now}
. Add image or Font Awesome icon before it.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for replying :)

Will check that out thanks :D

You mean not in the popup?
I mean xenforo only has description of each forum inside but not displayed outside the forum
Example: (xenforo inside)
test1.webp
Xenforo outside (homepage no description)test3.webp

What I want it to look like (description showing inside and outside)
Outside description (home page)

test2.webp

Inside the forum description:
test4.webp

Ask in add-on's discussion thread.
Will do that, thanks.

Check the sidebar_online_users template and search for {xen:phrase staff_online_now}. Add image of Font Awesome icon before it.
Where would I find the awesome icon? is that the name of the logo in the picture? lol :D

Top Bottom