a few questions please

gavpeds

Hi all so I have not been back here for some time. I currently am running ipb but it is tired my forum has become tired, hard to moderate and manage. I need something new. Now admittedly I was think about shifting my whole community to a Google plus community but many members did not like big brother thing. I have looked at vanilla and quite like the layout but is pretty basic. One thing I really like and hope is in xen is user moderation system, what vanilla has for this is fantastic from what I can see and would really help me manage the community. Does xen have similar features?
I need to get off ipb i lost a lot of traffic when moving to ipb. Also does xen have a gallery option?

Hope you guys can help. I need something more modern but my main focus for a new software is to make moderation easier and less of a big task. Member involvement in moderation like in vanilla would be great.

I have been playing with the demo of xen and I do really like what I see. I guess for my community I struggle to keep up with conversations these days and often miss arguments etc. I do have staff as well who are great but you know we all have busy lives as well so something like this member moderation would be fan as generally the majority of my members are top notch.

The one thing I wish we could have also from G+ or similar is the push notifications. I know you get emails and on site notifications with xen etc but its not quite the same. I often being super busy may not check the forum for a day and stuff has gone on. With G+ I get a notification of posts made etc and that often reminds me or gives me a chance to have a quick peek at what's going on and feel more connected to the community.

Last edited:
I kep the tab with my two main forums open on my browser always, together with my gmail tab. That reminds me to check.
When my browser starts up it automatically displays the tabs I had before - my standard ones are my email, my two main forums, usually XF and a couple of others.

Thanks yes I do this also. Just hoped that a push notification for phones was available. Another question I have is regard to the upgrade membership options. I see that it uses PayPal subscription which is great but how does this system manage those that either don't pay and cancel. I mean in IPB currently it seems rather hit and miss so I have some users that have cancelled their subscription but have not moved them back to a standard member group meaning they still get all the paid features for nothing! If this error spreads among members I am stuffed! Does xen move members back to other member groups if they do not pay/cancel? If so does it do it efficiently and reliable?

Thank you.
Now another question is their an official ipb to xf converter? Probably should have been my first question actually lol. If their is what will it transfer and does it do it cleanly. When I transfered to ipb from another software I lost bits and bobs and did not copy permissions well etc.

Top Bottom