A few noob questions..

templates

So i bought the script and have it set up on my server.. I have added a few categories but when i go to the site, there is no option to "post new thread" anywhere.. I assume i missed something to allow postings?
Also, when adding an "addon", i have followed the steps correctly, but get this after i click install addon
Please enter a valid callback method.

it is the sitemap addon.. I have ftp the files as well as just extracted on my PC..any help is appreciated..

So i bought the script and have it set up on my server.. I have added a few categories but when i go to the site, there is no option to "post new thread" anywhere.. I assume i missed something to allow postings?
Also, when adding an "addon", i have followed the steps correctly, but get this after i click install addon
Please enter a valid callback method.

it is the sitemap addon.. I have ftp the files as well as just extracted on my PC..any help is appreciated..

Have you just create categorys? if so you'll have to add in "forums" to the categories in the node options. If that's not the case, check permissions, double check them. I'm sure someone will have posted or will post with a better solution.

With regards to the error ensure you have uploaded the files in the correct folder it sounds like you haven't uploaded them into the correct folders.

Categories are just containers or departments. They can't carry posts or threads. Only forums (or blogs )do that.
Put a forum in your category -via the node tree.

You don't say which addon caused the error message.

Categories are just containers or departments. They can't carry posts or threads. Only forums (or blogs )do that.
Put a forum in your category -via the node tree.

You don't say which addon caused the error message.

It's the sitemap add-on, I've never installed it so I'm not familiar with it but if it's rigel add-on it'll be the standard way of installing add-ons.

Thanks all for the help..I have the category/forums figured out..and i am trying the addons a bit later..I am liking this script though, a slight learning curve for someone of my skills.. :)

Thanks all for the help..I have the category/forums figured out..and i am trying the addons a bit later..I am liking this script though, a slight learning curve for someone of my skills.. :)

You'll do fine. It's a matter of familiarising yourself with the system which won't take you long and you'll be flying through it in no time. :)

Top Bottom