A Destiny Forum - www.DestinyOverwatch.com

WhoIsDo

This September, Bungie will be releasing Destiny for multiple platforms. While you have seen other communities from me, I wanted to launch an additional one as a Destiny forum for the game.

I'm trying a few new things with this community, but ultimately launching with it being rather "bare bones" as compared to the others. I've had it available as sort of a "soft launch" for the past month or so, but I really only gave it the TLC it needed the past 48 hours.

Postbit
For the postbit/user info section, I'm trying a much more "simple" approach for our users. Inside of the avatar container is the user's "rank". In this case, it's the same style of ranking system that Bungie is using in Destiny. I've been trying to get a hover/opacity thing going on here, but I haven't been able to get it coded properly.

As for the information in the postbit, I'm trying to keep it rather simplistic. Registration date, message count & a user's "post rating" are all that I plan to incorporate for now. I'm looking into making the custom fields for things like PSN ID / Xbox Live GT / YouTube / Twitch / etc show up in the bottom of a user's signature.

Postbit_Launch.webp

I'd love to hear your criticisms & feedback, as sometimes you're blind when looking at something you've put together. Thanks for your time!

Last edited:
I actually really love the feel. I think one of the coolest things was when you look at a specific thread, the title looks almost like a notice

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 8.22.05 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 8.22.05 PM.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I actually really love the feel. I think one of the coolest things was when you look at a specific thread, the title looks almost like a notice

Thanks! Actually found that code on Xenforo somewhere, but I've answered your PM and shared it there. Enjoy!

Hit 50 members recently! Since there will be a lot of information at E3 for Destiny, I'm expecting the forum to start taking off next week!

Oh didn't notice the "banner" threads' title. I must have become banner-blind :D

Find the member info/avatar section to be a bit large, but else really like the clean look & feel.
Nice job!

Last edited:
Thanks, @Newt! I'm personally a big fan of having the larger avatars because it puts more of a focus (imo) on the user's personality. But hey, to each their own!

Just crossed the 100 user mark last night! :) Beyond excited to see my Destiny forum grow with the beta launching today for PS3 & PS4 users.

For any of you excited about the game, I'd love for you to come check out my Destiny Forum! Game launches tomorrow, and I've continued to make some additional adjustments over the past few weeks to make it a great place for Destiny fans.

After finishing up some work on other projects, I've finally rolled out the dark version of Core for my Destiny forum. I've already said it a few times, but Core by @Russ & @Steve F has been incredibly easy to work with. Can't recommend their work enough!

I've included a screenshot below, as this theme is only available to users who have donated on the forum & have access to a special user group.

upload_2014-10-19_22-2-25.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom