1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Destiny Forum - www.DestinyOverwatch.com

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by WhoIsDo, Apr 28, 2014.

1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

This September, Bungie will be releasing Destiny for multiple platforms. While you have seen other communities from me, I wanted to launch an additional one as a Destiny forum for the game.

I'm trying a few new things with this community, but ultimately launching with it being rather "bare bones" as compared to the others. I've had it available as sort of a "soft launch" for the past month or so, but I really only gave it the TLC it needed the past 48 hours.

Postbit
    For the postbit/user info section, I'm trying a much more "simple" approach for our users. Inside of the avatar container is the user's "rank". In this case, it's the same style of ranking system that Bungie is using in Destiny. I've been trying to get a hover/opacity thing going on here, but I haven't been able to get it coded properly.

As for the information in the postbit, I'm trying to keep it rather simplistic. Registration date, message count & a user's "post rating" are all that I plan to incorporate for now. I'm looking into making the custom fields for things like PSN ID / Xbox Live GT / YouTube / Twitch / etc show up in the bottom of a user's signature.

Postbit_Launch.PNG

I'd love to hear your criticisms & feedback, as sometimes you're blind when looking at something you've put together. Thanks for your time!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    ManuTdi, Neal, Shelley and 3 others like this.
  2. Summit

Summit Active Member

I actually really love the feel. I think one of the coolest things was when you look at a specific thread, the title looks almost like a notice

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    optrex and Kelvin like this.
  3. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Thanks! Actually found that code on Xenforo somewhere, but I've answered your PM and shared it there. Enjoy!

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Active Member

Like lots what you have done and i also like the feel of your forum.

Carlos and WhoIsDo like this.
  5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I agree. Nice work, @Douglas Veney!

I'm currently working on a destiny site, but I'm clueless about how to launch it. :(

6. optrex

optrex Active Member

Would you be willing to share publicly? It does look pretty good

7. JABRONI

JABRONI Well-Known Member

WhoIsDo likes this.
  8. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Hit 50 members recently! Since there will be a lot of information at E3 for Destiny, I'm expecting the forum to start taking off next week!

9. Newt

Newt Active Member

Oh didn't notice the "banner" threads' title. I must have become banner-blind :D

Find the member info/avatar section to be a bit large, but else really like the clean look & feel.
    Nice job!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  10. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Thanks, @Newt! I'm personally a big fan of having the larger avatars because it puts more of a focus (imo) on the user's personality. But hey, to each their own!

11. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Just crossed the 100 user mark last night! :) Beyond excited to see my Destiny forum grow with the beta launching today for PS3 & PS4 users.

12. Svoboda

Svoboda Member

Is this a custom style? If not, where did you grab it? I have a private forum I'd like to use this on.

13. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

WhoIsDo, Svoboda and Shelley like this.
  14. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

I highly recommend picking up that style by @Russ, @Svoboda. Incredibly easy to work with thanks to the framework!

Steve F likes this.
  15. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

For any of you excited about the game, I'd love for you to come check out my Destiny Forum! Game launches tomorrow, and I've continued to make some additional adjustments over the past few weeks to make it a great place for Destiny fans.

16. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Will be preloading shortly :D

Also will make a point to stop in. ;)

WhoIsDo likes this.
  17. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

Thanks! What system are you picking up Destiny on?

18. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Xbox One, need to start the preload but I'm busy on my PC at the moment. :)

19. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

Been looking for a Destiny forum to join, looks like I've found it.

WhoIsDo likes this.
  20. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Active Member

After finishing up some work on other projects, I've finally rolled out the dark version of Core for my Destiny forum. I've already said it a few times, but Core by @Russ & @Steve F has been incredibly easy to work with. Can't recommend their work enough!

I've included a screenshot below, as this theme is only available to users who have donated on the forum & have access to a special user group.

upload_2014-10-19_22-2-25.png

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    Russ likes this.