A Cheap Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Allen

Now this forum software look beast and would be worth a nice price, however I was thinking if that would be the best way to go? I dont think so.

The reason a lot of people do not get vb and ip.board is because of the high price, I was thinking that if this software wanted to be number one and show off vB and Ip.Board that the price should be quite lower, maybe 50-100 usd.

I am sure that a lot of people will move from vB once this is released and with a much cheaper price, bring more users from vBulletin to xenForo.

Just and idea, but like i this, this is something solid for sure.

This depends on how the licensing will work.

If we use the vB 3 licensing scheme, then $100-150 is acceptable, and desired.

I trust that Ashley, our business manager, has everything sorted out, and will announce things at an appropriate time.

Personally, I don't think there is any use in speculating possible prices.

If any details become available I am sure they will be in the announcement forum, or on the frontpage of the company site.

Yes, but maybe a better and cheaper licensing system would be better.
I am just saying, if they lower the price, more people will come and in the long run more customers with a lower price is better profit then less users with a software of a higher price.

Like I said, its just an idea, but this will beat vB for sure.

Yes, but maybe a better and cheaper licensing system would be better.
I am just saying, if they lower the price, more people will come and in the long run more customers with a lower price is better profit then less users with a software of a higher price.

Like I said, its just an idea, but this will beat vB for sure.

The price shouldn't be set too low as to devalue the software. Anyway, I trust Ashley has this sorted out :)

The reason a lot of people do not get vb and ip.board is because of the high price, I was thinking that if this software wanted to be number one and show off vB and Ip.Board that the price should be quite lower, maybe 50-100 usd.
From what I read, Kier and Mike said they will price their product to be very competitive to other forum software. Now, knowing the price is similar to the competition, would you expect to pay the price of a Hyundai for a Mercedes? :)

Leaving this as bug example for the devs.

I am sure that a lot of people will move from vB once this is released and with a much cheaper price, bring more users from vBulletin to xenForo.

From what I read, Kier and Mike said they will price their product to be very competitive to other forum software. Now, knowing the price is similar to the competition, would you expect to pay the price of a Hyundai for a Mercedes? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom