A Cheap Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Allen

Now this forum software look beast and would be worth a nice price, however I was thinking if that would be the best way to go? I dont think so.

The reason a lot of people do not get vb and ip.board is because of the high price, I was thinking that if this software wanted to be number one and show off vB and Ip.Board that the price should be quite lower, maybe 50-100 usd.

I am sure that a lot of people will move from vB once this is released and with a much cheaper price, bring more users from vBulletin to xenForo.

Just and idea, but like i this, this is something solid for sure.

I bought the publishing for vBulletin 4, I was like...whyyyyyy did I bloody do this, whyyyyy.

I bought the vB4 license early like many people before it was properly released..... I have still not upgraded and feel very cheated because upgrading for me is not an option as features will get lost.

Yes, I am aware. I worked with teenhut so its like the same set-up and rules system, but I do have professionals looking in to help as well.
But we are cool, I have a strick tos and rule set, so I am good. ^_^

Yes, I am aware. I worked with teenhut so its like the same set-up and rules system, but I do have professionals looking in to help as well.
But we are cool, I have a strick tos and rule set, so I am good. ^_^

That's good. I think XF will be the perfect solution for your community - easy of use is sometimes paramount, although there are a few things which I feel, if implemented, would benefit you greatly.

$195.00 = vB Forum Only, is a one time fee for the life of the product
$149.99 = IP.Board (Standard), plus renewal fees every 6 months

Currently there's no real player @ $100.00 price range with $25.00 renewal fees every 6 months might be a good place to start since 1.0 will probably not be as feature packed as the two other options.

$195.00 = vB Forum Only, is a one time fee for the life of the product
$149.99 = IP.Board (Standard), plus renewal fees every 6 months

Currently there's no real player @ $100.00 price range. It might be a good place to start since 1.0 will probably not be as feature packed as the two other options.

You just want it $100 ;) ;)

Remember, I don't mind if it is $249, and I think $249 IS a competitive price.

My money is on it starting off at the tried and tested $160 that vBulletin was sold at for so many years. Raising in price only when CMS, Gallery and Blogs are added.

There will probably be a discount for the first week or two of sales

You just want it $100 ;) ;)

Remember, I don't mind if it is $249, and I think $249 IS a competitive price.

Ah you got me in mid edit. :p

At $100.00 its priced to move, especially if they use that as a presale number and then up it to $150.00 with $25.00 renewal fees as the regular price.
At $249.00 I wish them luck. I don't doubt that you or a handful of others will dish out $249 for Xenforo. However the real question is what the masses are willing to pay and can't be answered with sentiment, but only with some serious number crunching. Keep in mind that competitive pricing should also mean competitive features and currently that is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom