1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Cheap Price?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Tyler Allen, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyler Allen

Tyler Allen New Member

Now this forum software look beast and would be worth a nice price, however I was thinking if that would be the best way to go? I dont think so.

The reason a lot of people do not get vb and ip.board is because of the high price, I was thinking that if this software wanted to be number one and show off vB and Ip.Board that the price should be quite lower, maybe 50-100 usd.

I am sure that a lot of people will move from vB once this is released and with a much cheaper price, bring more users from vBulletin to xenForo.

Just and idea, but like i this, this is something solid for sure.

2. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

This depends on how the licensing will work.

If we use the vB 3 licensing scheme, then $100-150 is acceptable, and desired.

I trust that Ashley, our business manager, has everything sorted out, and will announce things at an appropriate time.

Personally, I don't think there is any use in speculating possible prices.

3. Floris

Floris Guest

If any details become available I am sure they will be in the announcement forum, or on the frontpage of the company site.

4. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I think it will be in the 150-200 range.

5. Tyler Allen

Tyler Allen New Member

Yes, but maybe a better and cheaper licensing system would be better.
    I am just saying, if they lower the price, more people will come and in the long run more customers with a lower price is better profit then less users with a software of a higher price.

Like I said, its just an idea, but this will beat vB for sure.

6. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

The price shouldn't be set too low as to devalue the software. Anyway, I trust Ashley has this sorted out :)

7. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

8. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

Leaving this as bug example for the devs.

From what I read, Kier and Mike said they will price their product to be very competitive to other forum software. Now, knowing the price is similar to the competition, would you expect to pay the price of a Hyundai for a Mercedes? :)

9. Floris

Floris Guest

I hope to pay for it what it is worth. So I fine with a pretty high price.

10. Tyler Allen

Tyler Allen New Member

Yeah, but should be a bit cheaper then vBulletin, I mean I have money, but I dont like spending about 300 for a forum with a blog xD

11. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

TECK, I think your quote tags got messed up. :)

12. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

This is the second time you've put your content in the quote -.- :/

13. Tyler Allen

Tyler Allen New Member

Yeah I was wondering about that, however I would like to be paying that price ;)

14. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

That is a bug, I saw it happening before... hmm.

15. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Current vBulletin or vBulletin 3.x?

16. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

I'll be happy to pay whatever it's worth (not willing to go past $250 though) unless it's a one time payment :D

17. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I honestly doubt they will go for this way of licensing. It really puts people off.

18. Tyler Allen

Tyler Allen New Member

I bought the publishing for vBulletin 4, I was like...whyyyyyy did I bloody do this, whyyyyy.

19. Floris

Floris Guest

Only one solution: http://vbfans.com/marketplace when you got confirmation from their team it's eligible for the one time transfer to a new party.

20. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

Celebrating already with a fine glass? :)
    I see you changed your avatar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.