A bit confusing.

phill

Hi, I found my way here via http://xenfans.com, I like what I see however one things springs to mind.

I have looked round the fansite and it seems there are things on there for this software that I have to purchase is that something that is going to be the norm? I ask because on this addon http://xenfans.com/threads/xenfans-com-promoted-accounts-premium-required.854/ one of the developers for this software is credited, This begs the question will things be left out of the core software to allow for micropayments to the fan site for things other related software has as stock.

Thanks

Phill

In this case I think Kier helped out and offered advice on the add-on, hence why he's credited.

I don't think it's a case of him being "officially" involved in the creation. Having said there, there may be official add-ons which are released on here that Xenforo might charge for such as the Resource Manager.

Someone will give you an official answer I suspect but that's my understanding.

This begs the question will things be left out of the core software to allow for micropayments to the fan site for things other related software has as stock.

Hi Phil and welcome to Xenforo :)

Xenfans is completely unrelated to Xenforo, it is a private site run by Floris and is not any kind of official site at all, nor do I believe there is any intention to "leave out" functionality in order for 3rd parties to make money out of them.

Currently there is a very healthy modding community here on the Xenforo site that are providing mods both free and paid, it is Xenforo's stated policy that they want a vibrant "ecosystem" built around Xenforo which includes paid mods obviously, however you will find a lot of free (amazingly good) mods here also.

No doubt Kier provided some advice or "how to" for that mod and the author gave him credit for it, as many of us do when he has helped us out... it doesn't mean anything other than he is a very generous and helpful person with a huge amount of knowledge.

Top Bottom