Not a bug _xfNoRedirect is always set to true when using formOverlay

Lior.

Not sure if this is truly a bug, but from what I can see, whenever a form has the formOverlay class, _xfNoRedirect is always set to true, whether the form is sent via an overlay or not.

Also, when reporting content not through an overlay, but through posts/X/report, it doesn't do a redirect back to the post, which I believe it's supposed to do.

Form overlays aren't related - any form submitted via AJAX, using XF's AJAX wrapper, will have that parameter.

Form overlays aren't related - any form submitted via AJAX, using XF's AJAX wrapper, will have that parameter.
I understand. Shouldn't there be a way to distinguish between requests sent regularly and requests sent via an overlay though?

I mean, when a form is sent not using an overlay, you'd probably want to redirect the user to some other page. This is currently impossible.

I understand. Shouldn't there be a way to distinguish between requests sent regularly and requests sent via an overlay though?

I mean, when a form is sent not using an overlay, you'd probably want to redirect the user to some other page. This is currently impossible.
I agree.
Even if the controller sends a redirect response, the user won't be redirected because the xenforo javascript stops this

Eg. after the post report the controller returns even a redirecturl
PHP:
$controllerResponse = $this->getPostSpecificRedirect($post, $thread);
       $controllerResponse->redirectMessage = new XenForo_Phrase('thank_you_for_reporting_this_message');
       return $controllerResponse;
but nothing happens for users with activated javascript, which opened the form in a new browserwindow, except the short notice, which could cause people to resend the form again and again if they didn't see the short notice (i know that i've done this several times, because i'm opening the report window always in a new browserwinder)

Couldn't you change the javascript code, to verify if it's REALLY a overlayform and prevent only then the redirect? (just an idea^^)

Top Bottom