• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fixed .Disabler does not re-disable in a .formOverlay when a reset button is clicked

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
I'm not entirely sure this can be replicated with any out of the box functionality, but consider a form overlay that contains these controls:

upload_2014-7-24_15-20-31.png

If I check the checkbox and enter a value in the textbox and then I click "Cancel", which is a reset button, the checkbox becomes unchecked, and the value of the textbox becomes empty.

Yet, when I reactivate the overlay:

upload_2014-7-24_15-24-10.png

The .Disabler checkbox is unchecked, so you would expect that the textbox would have the disabled attribute and the disabled class, but it doesn't. It's only really a subtle difference and clicking into the non-disabled checkbox does indeed automatically check the checkbox again, but overall I would be expecting different behaviour, e.g. if the form fields are reset, then the .Disabler should kick back in too.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
Appears that when the reset event is called, the value may not have actually changed yet which means our recalculate uses the old value. Using a setTimeout call sorts it.

It is possible to do this in the core in 1.3 by using the move thread overlay and changing the redirect option.