Not a bug _output directories generate for unnecessary add-ons

Jake B.

Affected version
2.0.0 Beta 3
When I installed XFMG and XFRM it appeared to generate _output directories for those add-ons.

I wonder if it makes sense to not create these directories when you install an add-on to prevent unnecessary files from being created (obviously it should still use them if the directory exists, you command to create the development output for the add-on or when you create the add-on through the CLI.

It's just a bunch of unnecessary files being created (which I've since added to our .gitignore)

I think that's because your install is in debug/development mode.

Personally I would want them there, especially for XFRM because when the time comes that I'm running it on a live site I will be customizing the code and templates for my use and will build the add-on again for use on a live site.

You can skip them yourself.
PHP:
$config['skipAddOns'] = ['XF', 'XFMG', 'XFRM'];
The default value is this, hence why XF is usually always skipped:
PHP:
$config['skipAddOns'] = ['XF'];

Personally I would want them there, especially for XFRM because when the time comes that I'm running it on a live site I will be customizing the code and templates for my use and will build the add-on again for use on a live site.

Would probably be better off doing this in a style rather than directly in the add-on so you don't lose your changes on upgrades to the add-on

You can skip them yourself.
PHP:
$config['skipAddOns'] = ['XF', 'XFMG', 'XFRM'];
The default value is this, hence why XF is usually always skipped:
PHP:
$config['skipAddOns'] = ['XF'];

Ah, didn't know that was a thing!

Top Bottom