Fixed More developer output with add-ons

Jake B.

Affected version
I reported this previously, but it's started happening again and has been making it impossible for us to reinstall add-ons without first deleting these output directories. This is the most recent output directory generated by XFRM:

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 2.56.42 PM.webp

And for XFMG:

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 2.58.18 PM.webp

I haven't yet been able to pinpoint exactly what has been triggering these to happen because it doesn't seem to happen on install or uninstall anymore, and it's not something I notice immediately (or at all until I need to either reinstall or upgrade one of these add-ons and everything disappears).

Maybe it'd be best to only create an _output directory when running xf-addon:create or when you specifically want to generate the output for an add-on, and if the _output directory doesn't exist it shouldn't create one, or attempt to put anything in it. (probably would need to have it generate a .gitkeep or something similar inside the empty directory so it's kept on VCS when empty)

I’m going to bet that it’s the member stat cache system that’s writing them so that should be pretty easy to nail down.

Worth noting we have a skipAddOns key under development in the config. By default XF is skipped which is why you generally won’t be bothered by any core output data.

Although this is a valid bug and we’ll fix it, that would at least alleviate the situation in the short term.

Yeah I've added that to one of my local installs but I'm constantly creating new local installs which is where the issue comes into play

Top Bottom