_messagePreSave not being called?

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
I'm in the middle of developing an add-on, and I've hit a headache inducing scenario :(

For some reason, the _messagePreSave method isn't being called at all on the post data writer... This is causing a headache as I can't figure out why.

It's in a cron run environment (manually running the cron).

Is this supposed to happen? Because it's really annoying...

Liam

Another add-on is likely failing to respect calling the parent::_messagePreSave.

Try grepping your library folder for _messagePreSave and look for any time a file doesn't have two entries (besides XenForo core stuff obviously).

_preSave() unconditionally _messagePreSave(), which is called as part of save().

Unless you have _importMode set, then _preSave() is skipped, so something might be calling setImportMode. But you'll need to grep for that since only an add-on would be doing that.:p

Another add-on is likely failing to respect calling the parent::_messagePreSave.

Try grepping your library folder for _messagePreSave and look for any time a file doesn't have two entries (besides XenForo core stuff obviously).

Scratch that, I just disabled all add-ons and it's working. Now to figure out which one :)

Top Bottom