XF 2.1 Extension method not being called?

SpecialK

I have an add-on that extends XF/Pub/Controller/Account and the actionAvatar() method. This add-on is working fine in all of my environments but giving me problems on someone else's environment and I just don't understand what the issue could be. To test, I have added a \XF::logError('addon fired'); to the top of my actionAvatar() method, and even that isn't firing / logging to the server error log.

I have verified that the Class Extension is correctly set up. If I rename my extension class / delete it, I do get an error on the XF front-end when accessing the Account Controller, so I know that XF is including my class. But for some reason, my actionAvatar method isn't being called and I just can't figure out why. Has anyone else experienced this / have any tips for me on where else I might look to track down the issue?

It's possible another add-on is conflicting by not calling the parent properly and breaking the inheritance chain. Do other class extensions work as expected on the same environment?

There are several dozen add-ons on this particular site, so that theory seems very possible. I'm downloading all of the installed add-ons now and will grep them to see if any of them extend actionAvatar.

As far as I can tell, other class extensions are working just fine. Dozens of add-ons and I'm assuming they're all working as intended.

Thanks!

Top Bottom