[8WR] XenUtiles (Spam)

[8WR] XenUtiles (Spam) 1.0.2

No permission to download
Has the registration log been removed from this?

It was in the previous complete XenUtiles package (for xf 1.1.x), and I really appreciated it, as it was easy to see the latest registrations and whether they were spam or legit.

But I can't find it in this new addon.

I liked that too, but I assume that since XF is now doing a lot of the spam protection, this log would not be as relevant. XF should have centralized this log (rejected users) and allowed developers to tie into it (IMHO).

XF Spam protections don't report. Frankly, I liked Jaxels system combined with StopCountrySpam better because I knew what was going on.

Maybe someday I will piece together some ideas and put it in the suggestions box. It would be great for admins to have a "Registration Dashboard" which, in one place, had everything from a small chart as to numbers who actually registered to the numbers and logs of attempts. A one-stop shop! It could even have built-in warnings such as "3X as many people as normal actually successfully registered last week - please check the recent registrations carefully", etc.

XF Spam protections don't report. Frankly, I liked Jaxels system combined with StopCountrySpam better because I knew what was going on.

Well, that's a big problem right there. I would like to see some statistics how many failed registrations there are etc.

Jaxel's log was great for this.

I don't understand how it isn't built into core.

The idea for the Registration Dashboard sounds awesome.

Yes, the registration log was removed because the stopforumspam system was removed. It was removed because its now built into XenForo... Unfortunately, XenForo doesn't have it's own registration log.

I would hook into the XF functions, but they are marked as protected, and I dont think I can.

Where can i set the options? I installed this, but i dont see a control panel?
Installation:
  • upload the contents of the attached zip to your XF root
  • install from file on server: "library/EWRutiles/Spam/addon-EWRutiles_spam.xml"
  • set options in administration control panel

Hi! I'd like to ask if the Unconfirmed Cutoff is still available.

This was its description:
How many days to give a new user to confirm their email address before automatically deleting their account. Periodic emails will automatically be sent out.

I always found it useful!

Thanks

Is there any way of marking an item on the list as "Not spam" so it doesn't appear? I understand there's database issues with that though (Storing that value x on profile y is to be excluded).
It's pulling a few false positives and the total it found was a good few hundred Edit : thousand.
Going through those all the time to find something new will be too labour-intensive.

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenUtiles (Spam) with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2 CHANGELOG

• This new version modifies the "Users Awaiting Approval" page in your admin CP to expose relevant spammer information on the front end.
I don't know about you guys, but I delete TWENTY spammers from my website 8wayrun.com, every morning. I know they are spammers, because in their profiles, they have muscle milk, eye luminous or other such junk URLs as their homepages and about links. That, or they are from the timezones Asia/Kolkata, Asia/New Delhi or Asia/Tashkent....

Read the rest of this update entry...

No ways to go to the actual posts? I mean its all nice to have a list of potential spam posts but no way to go to the actual posts in the threads?

Actual posts of what?
"Account Spam Finder" Are this thing only looking at signatures or is it also looking at posts people are creating, my problem is I get 3-5 spam posts a day as http://imgur.com/YgYOvZt I am really unsure how to stop getting spam like this =/ I am adding all the links to the spam filter but they change the link every single time.

"Account Spam Finder" Are this thing only looking at signatures
yes ,only signature !

my problem is I get 3-5 spam posts a day as http://imgur.com/YgYOvZt I am really unsure how to stop getting spam like this =/ I am adding all the links to the spam filter but they change the link every single tim
you can follow this guide to to stop spam on your community >> https://xenforo.com/community/resources/block-spam-completely-with-no-addons.4065/

Top Bottom