[8WR] XenUtiles (Spam)

[8WR] XenUtiles (Spam) 1.0.2

No permission to download

Jaxel

Jaxel submitted a new resource:

[8wayRun.Com] XenUtiles (Spam) - Find Spam in Accounts and Profile Posts

With the release of XF1.2 I've decided to comply with a long-requested change to how I do XenUtiles. In the past, I've included all of my admin tools into XenUtiles as a single omnibus package... people didn't like this. So instead, I will be separating packages into related features.

This specific package is for spam management. This mod will search accounts and profile posts for URLs and will display results in a list so you can quickly browse them and determine if any of them are spam....

Read more about this resource...

Please include a utility that can delete the posts, profile posts and conversations of deleted users.

Great work Jaxel - I really like the separate Utiles apps. The new batch update is amazingly useful.

I've got a couple suggestions for this one though, which I'm sure others would find very useful. On an active forum, we have to go through the spam finder tool each week and we could cut down the amount of time spend hunting for spam if there were these extra options:
  • Ignore banned users - at the moment we have to sift through lots of users that are already banned. As we wouldn't use this tool for lifting a ban, why not have the option to only show non-banned members.
  • Set per-page options - we have to scroll through 4+ pages of users most weeks. If we could set a custom per-page option that would keep everything on one page for the batch update tool.

Sorry, but it is not a good idea, to separate the Utilities. Then comes to many Apps, where i must check out some Things...

Please leave all together.

Reactions: DRE
One package was great. If we didn't like a feature in XenUtiles, most of us simply didn't use it. IMO should've left it like it was. What an inconvenience.

Last edited:
Just two or five Users need separate that. But all other need complete the Utilities in one App ;)

Honestly, there is zero harm in separating them into different addons...

The only difference it makes is there are now multiple threads here on XF... and your addon list gets a little bigger.

Reactions: HWS
I like it seperated. Thank you.

And forget about that strange guy who really rated all the addons 2/5 stars just because of the split.

5 stars, if it in one Addon again. I know many people they use your Add. And they Love it, that build everything in one ;)

5 stars, if it in one Addon again. I know many people they use your Add. And they Love it, that build everything in one ;)

People like you force developers to only provide paid add-ons.
And IMHO you would deserve to pay for using it.

Its is soo much better separate. I didn't use the old Utitlitys because of all the other stuff that came with it when I only needed one or two things.

People talk about bloat in software and how its so bad yet that's what people are asking for when they want it all in one package just to save a few minutes of time.

Reactions: HWS
Very much appreciated that these are separated, as I'll only have need for about 2 of them...

Thanks Jaxel!

Only thing I find missing is the ability to change the amount of results that appear or at least carry over selections through paging.

Can you expand this to clear the About Me field as well? Spammers are placing links in there. You actually detect it in your query but no way to clear it with Batch Update.

Also why not put XenUtiles under Users tab since that is where you are redirected to after you Batch Update?

No ability to delete the Profile posts as well. I don't want to delete some users because they have posts on the forum that aren't against the rules and I don't want to mess up the flow of conversation. Be nice to just be able to delete the offending profile posts.

It would be cool to have a future option in this to disable the about and url fields during registration too...

This way if using the promotion system, they can gain access to edit them automatically after the first 5 or 10 posts.

I like it!
One suggestion I have. It would be great if there was an option on the account spam finder page to see all users listed in the same fashion (by latest signup) because this would let me know if the usernames and emails were suspect. As it is, XF has poor user management because they show (by default) the users in alpha order instead of last signed up.

So it could be a button on that page to "show all users" or "show users with filled in" (as now) account info.

Top Bottom