[8WR] XenTorneo (Rankings) PRO

[8WR] XenTorneo (Rankings) PRO [Paid] 1.2.1

No permission to buy ($200.00)
According to Myke above we should install 1.0.3 first. That is when we are getting the primary key error. I looked at the xf_addon table, I don't see an EWRTourneo entry there.

This is what happens when we try to install 1.0.3 after failing to install 1.0.4

I should have clarified that when I first encountered the 1.0.4 upgrade error, I had to drop all EWRtorneo tables from my database before starting over with the 1.0.3 install.

There is supposed to be an "Advanced Search" menu on your sidebar. It won't appear until after you've added at least one "team" to your league. After that, its exactly what you're looking for.
OK, I see it now, but this isn't consistent behaviour IMHO. If I can provide some constructive criticism:

Firstly, for consistency, I think the ability to edit teams from the teams page should always be present from this page, regardless of whether you have teams defined or not. Secondly, editing teams has nothing to do with advanced searching so logically these elements don't really fit together. One suggestion would be to have links to both edit the League and its Teams within the same side block, such as:

edit-league-teams.webp

Or instead of buttons, you could use plain text links.

Lastly, just on the "Advanced search..." button, I always found it odd that it's suffixed with an ellipsis -- to me this suggests that further input is required from the user, but this isn't the case. Having this button called "Advanced Search" within a block titled "Advanced Search" is kind of redundant as well. A suggestion here would be to rename it as "Refresh", "Update" or "Update View", such as:

advanced-search.webp

Optionally, you might want to include a "Reset View" button which just duplicates the "All" button's functionality.

Overall I think these are pretty minor criticisms with suggestions that I think can be addressed fairly easily with template updates alone.

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] XenTorneo (Rankings) PRO with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.6 CHANGELOG

• You can now delve further into "team" details. When viewing the teams list, you can click on the team to see the history of it's usage, as well as search based on parameters.

ex: http://8wayrun.com/rankings/soulcalibur-v.1/league/team?team=dam

• The "Brackets" column of a rankings list has been slightly changed. Instead of showing the number of bracket results belonging to a player, it will show the number of bracket results that have been used to calculate a player's...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I don't understand what you mean by "teams". Is XenTorneo able to handle team with multiple players for team game like League Of Legends and so on?? If not, it should be something nice to add before I buy it (after XenPorta 2 of course) =D

I've had some users express a desire to be able to turn off notifications of claims on their events. Certainly not an unreasonable request when some of the events in question have hundreds of participants

I don't understand what you mean by "teams". Is XenTorneo able to handle team with multiple players for team game like League Of Legends and so on?? If not, it should be something nice to add before I buy it (after XenPorta 2 of course) =D
I agree with this! I am going to purchase the mod anyways, but a feature I will be looking forward to is the ability to create real user teams to provide support for games like League of Legends, where each team consists of 5 players. At the moment, the only idea of "teams" is based on character usage, so that's why it is a bit confusing.

For instance, looking at Smashboards for a Doubles tournament, only 1 user can claim the results: http://smashboards.com/rankings/mayhem-10-18-doubles.2549/event

So the ask is to allow for XenTorneo to display results for Team Tournaments. Although in the fighting game community there are only a few games that do team tournaments (Smash Bros. Melee and Project M do singles and doubles, and Tekken does team tournament at Final Round), there are a lot of games out there, like League of Legends, Call of Duty, etc that are team based games and it would be nice to allow for multiple users to be associated with those results.

I've had some users express a desire to be able to turn off notifications of claims on their events. Certainly not an unreasonable request when some of the events in question have hundreds of participants
I would tell them... welcome to the world of being a responsible TO? lol...

I agree with this! I am going to purchase the mod anyways, but a feature I will be looking forward to is the ability to create real user teams to provide support for games like League of Legends, where each team consists of 5 players. At the moment, the only idea of "teams" is based on character usage, so that's why it is a bit confusing.

For instance, looking at Smashboards for a Doubles tournament, only 1 user can claim the results: http://smashboards.com/rankings/mayhem-10-18-doubles.2549/event

So the ask is to allow for XenTorneo to display results for Team Tournaments. Although in the fighting game community there are only a few games that do team tournaments (Smash Bros. Melee and Project M do singles and doubles, and Tekken does team tournament at Final Round), there are a lot of games out there, like League of Legends, Call of Duty, etc that are team based games and it would be nice to allow for multiple users to be associated with those results.
The problem with this, is the system is designed to link results to an account. You can't link a result to 5 accounts.

You can however still award 5 players first place, 5 players second place, etc... And this would skirt around the issue.

@Jaxel , Definitely a good workaround that should work for the time being. :)

I'm having an issue with the League logos. I'm using a _logo.jpg in the league directory and it works well with one exception. The image seems to want to repeat itself. Take a look at this:

Logo.webp

I have tried everything to avoid for images to repeat themselves but they do. Look at the Melee image, the bottom can be seen again at the top of the logo. For Smash 3DS I was able to resize it so that it didn't repeat, but if I make it smaller, it will show repeats. How can I avoid this?

I have tried everything to avoid for images to repeat themselves but they do. Look at the Melee image, the bottom can be seen again at the top of the logo. For Smash 3DS I was able to resize it so that it didn't repeat, but if I make it smaller, it will show repeats. How can I avoid this?

In EWRtorneo.css, there's the following rule which defines most of the logo's properties:
Code:
.leagueList li .leagueImg span { display: block; height: 150px; background-position: center; }

In your EXTRA.css, you can add:
Code:
.leagueList li .leagueImg span { background-repeat: no-repeat; }

And you'll eliminate the repeating logo image.

Last edited:
In EWRtorneo.css, there's the following rule which defines most of the logo's properties:
Code:
.leagueList li .leagueImg span { display: block; height: 150px; background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; }

In your EXTRA.css, you can add:
Code:
.leagueList li .leagueImg span { background-repeat: no-repeat; }

And you'll eliminate the repeating logo image.

This worked exactly as expected! Thanks so much! :D

I've noticed that if a player is 'striked' in the Challonge system, due to having to leave or whatever, this can leave a gap in the rankings, since XenTorneo checks if the player's status is 'active', and it is set to false when they're striked.

My question is why this active check is in place, since if it's not important to solve an issue, I'm going to remove it. If a player leaves midway through a tournament and is striked on Challonge, it can lead to something like not having anyone ranked 3rd place, etc.

Alright, so another question that probably has an easy fix, but I'm not good at figuring out where to make the template or CSS changes. Basically, I am using the default skin, and I added 6 leagues. Since that is too many leagues for the navbar, so they don't fit. Right now, the navbar shows 5 leagues, and the 6th league as well a the categories and Submit Bracket options are inside a dropdown list displayed only when clicking on the "..." that is now showing. Picture attached.

I would like for the navbar to get wider and allow for all the leagues to be displayed. As more leagues get added, the navbar will get wider and wider to allow the UI to display all Active leagues, as well as the Submit Bracket and Categories options.

How can I do that?

Attachments

• navbar_xentorneo.webp
    navbar_xentorneo.webp
    74.4 KB · Views: 7
@Kasht I think your best option is change the layout of your entire site so that it's not a fixed (or maximum) width. But even then, your user's browser width will determine how many items will be displayed to them.

@Myke623 Hmmm, I was not referring to the width of the entire layout. I am still interested for it to be fixed.

What I really want is for just the navbar to be increased. I guess width is not the right word. What I want is for the navbar to allow to accomodate 2 rows of league names without having to modify the width of the layout. Does that make sense?

Bad choice of words then :) because you had originally asked about the navbar getting "wider":

I would like for the navbar to get wider and allow for all the leagues to be displayed. As more leagues get added, the navbar will get wider and wider to allow the UI to display all Active leagues, as well as the Submit Bracket and Categories options.

But what you really want is for the navbar to grow in height (or get "taller") to accommodate all the items. Unfortunately, I don't know if this is even possible.

Bad choice of words then :) because you had originally asked about the navbar getting "wider":

But what you really want is for the navbar to grow in height (or get "taller") to accommodate all the items. Unfortunately, I don't know if this is even possible.
Yup, that's exactly what I want, "taller".

I've noticed that if a player is 'striked' in the Challonge system, due to having to leave or whatever, this can leave a gap in the rankings, since XenTorneo checks if the player's status is 'active', and it is set to false when they're striked.

My question is why this active check is in place, since if it's not important to solve an issue, I'm going to remove it. If a player leaves midway through a tournament and is striked on Challonge, it can lead to something like not having anyone ranked 3rd place, etc.
Actually, there is a specific reason. Challonge allows people to be entered in the tournament, but not actually be "in" the tournament. The active check is what checks that. However, back when I did the scripting for it, "striking" did not exist; so this wouldn't have been an issue. I guess I can easily change it to check for final ranks instead.

Top Bottom