[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
How do i make xenporta show the date like this where it says mar 04

7iWHc.png

and not like this

7iWNo.png

The first one is default. You've modified it somehow in your custom style to stop it doing it.

I promoted a post scheduled for 3pm GMT (9am CST) and it still hasn't promoted. Is there something I have setup wrong?

Nothing setup wrong, rather the 1 hour block cache was doing it's job just the way it's designed. Once I changed this to 10 minutes the block immediately loaded.

Last edited:
After promoting a thread to XenPorta the Portal Layout is used on that thread when users view it (even from the forums). Is there a way to suppress this behavior so threads display normally unless they actually have a layout associated directly with them?

Figured this out as well, my own fault for not understanding the setting that caused this.

Capture.webp

Last edited:
The Features section in the description says "8 pre-installed module blocks, with dozens of additional blocks available to install from the package." where are the "dozens of additional blocks available to install from the package". I was thinking that the blocks were in the xenporta zip folder but I didnt see them so I downloaded it again and still no luck. Does anyone know where this package can be found? This is all I see in the zip once I open it.

Many Thanks!

View attachment 67890

Anyone know where these "dozens" of blocks exist?? The manual also said community developed blocks... but listed no source links to find them. :(

These blocks are already on your server :) they come with Xenporta and you simply have to install them in the ACP. Have a look here and you will see these blocks :) "library/EWRporta/Block/XML"

LOL - then that manual should be edited. :rolleyes: There's 16 possible blocks there - hardly the "dozens" the manual speaks of. Thanks for your response nonetheless... do you know of the community developed blocks location? Thanks

If I'm right you will be able to find a lot's of custom blocks in this forum and of course, in a lot's of other addons like Taigachat who come with 3 XenPorta blocks and so on.

How does one go about setting up a 2nd XenPortal Page that pulls 'RecentNews' from a different forum?

I've managed to create a 2nd RecentNews block that I can configure on the main portal page that works how I want. What I haven't figured out is how to make a 2nd landing page. Absurdly frustrating.

Last edited:
How would I go about doing that?, can you walk me through it if you don't mind.
i do not use xenporta anymore. But if you click on the facebook or twitter blocks, you will see additional options there and how to place your own values in there.

Trying to style some RawHTML blocks and can't seem to make the color codes work in the CSS...

I enter @primaryLighter and instead of translating that to a color code it just goes directly in... am I doing something wrong? Same CSS works fine when I use it in the extra.css...

Last edited:
Anyone know if there's a tutorial somewhere where I can learn to write my own blocks? It seems all the blocks this author has made are integrated into the XF core. I simply want an empty block that might contain an applet or plain text, an image or youtube video... Any ideas? Thanks

Anyone know if there's a tutorial somewhere where I can learn to write my own blocks? It seems all the blocks this author has made are integrated into the XF core. I simply want an empty block that might contain an applet or plain text, an image or youtube video... Any ideas? Thanks

@boban made some simple blocks so maybe start there (e.g. his HTML block).

Top Bottom