[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Hi, Is there a module for the front portal that will allow me to add the forums and any subcategories underneath.

He's stated before that this is a free add-on and as such to not expect a huge amount of support.
Waiting for the Pro version to be released. That should be supported, right? Just seem to be way too many issues with this one...

Did anyone finally managed to make the Twitter Block working.
I still have a blank page... ?
Thank you

Hi

I want to configurate recent news block to only show the prefix threads i selected.

Is possible???

Example:

Prefix: SPORT

I want recent news only shows the threads with SPORT prefix!

Thanks

Last edited:
Is there a hack to get the RecentThreads block to be responsive? It's breaking in a pretty bad way at small viewport widths.

Actually it seems the whole portal isn't responsive, not just the RecentThreads block.

Can't really call it 1.2 compatible unless it's responsive since that's one of the core features of 1.2.

I redesign XenPorta's RecentNews block to have a featured image at the top of each post. I am trying to modify the block to show the full attached image and not the thumbnail with no luck.

Here are the source codes for my modified block files:
RecentNews.xml - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12486427/RecentNews.xml
RecentNews.php - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12486427/RecentNews.php

Here is what the current RecentNews looks like:
Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 3.49.08 PM.webp

Here is what I am trying to get it to look like:
Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 3.49.40 PM.webp

Here is the live site: http://IndieGamers.com

I've also tried to figure out how to incorporate RecentFeature's block option of selecting attachment filename to use as I would like to specify on each thread a specific image to use each time. I added the option to the xml block, just not sure how to use it in the php segment:
Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 3.51.24 PM.webp

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Been trying this for several hours with no luck...

edit: Also designed an alternative 2 column layout if anyone is interested... lol
Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 4.19.53 PM.webp

Last edited:
Hi,

When i promote a thread with a youtube wideo this how it shows in modile devices:

View attachment 53915

View attachment 53917

Is anything that i can do?

Just in case someone else is having issues with Youtube not being responsive in the News Block. This is what solved the problem for me:

Add this to your EXTRA.css

Code:
.newsText object,

.newsText embed,

.newsText iframe

{

max-width: 100%;

}

Don’t know if this is a good fix or not. I just got it from reading past threads.

Thanks to @Mick West and @Anthony Parsons suggested solutions, and @Sheratan for pointing to someone else where they were.

Just in case someone else is having issues with Youtube not being responsive in the News Block. This is what solved the problem for me:

Add this to your EXTRA.css

Code:
.newsText object,

.newsText embed,

.newsText iframe

{

max-width: 100%;

}

Don’t know if this is a good fix or not. I just got it from reading past threads.

Thanks to @Mick West and @Anthony Parsons suggested solutions, and @Sheratan for pointing to someone else where they were.

What about for embedded images in the Recent News block?

Hi

i change something of the recent news block to see prefix in xeporta. I had an error, i uninstall and install again xenporta and have the same error when i selected recent news in xenporta.

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ? ) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = ' at line 11 in /home/forocsgo/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/forocsgo/public_html/index.php at line 13

what can i do?

thanks

HELP !!!!!

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ukalli5/public_html/xenforo/index.php at line 13

please

thanks

Top Bottom