[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Thanks again, pal. I wasn't actually using promoted threads so couldn't work out the image thumbnail but that feature works perfectly.

I originally was using the Recent Threads block in the top right, but the other forum owners thought it took up too much space so I moved it top left. When it was top right, and the browser window width dropped under around 350px, it started to display strangely - but only when you also had another block in the top left. It isn't a big issue, though.

If you refresh my homepage link now, you might see what I mean about the status updates. They don't appear to be in a container and all of the text is flat with seemingly no CSS styling attached to it.

Martok is correct as I just checked the recent threads block scales pretty well down to say at least 300 pixels and I would say its looks fully responsive to me. Just make sure its in the middle column (right side technically).

As far as limiting the width I have no looked at it yet. If the portal has a DIV that encompasses the entire thing than just add to its styling min-width: (number)px; If not then I would write a short line of xen if then to check the page and insert the styling only on that page on the control div.

If you refresh my homepage link now, you might see what I mean about the status updates. They don't appear to be in a container and all of the text is flat with seemingly no CSS styling attached to it.
Status updates would suit better in the sidebar. The appearance looks correct though as you'll see on my site.

Alright, I'm a little confused. I've enabled "Index (index > portal)" but say I want to use a different layout than the portal does. How exactly do I do that?
Thanks for all the support guys! :)

I dont know if anyone realised... but the new RecentFeatures BETA block that I uploaded a few pages back is not only responsive, but also TOUCH sensitive. If you try it on http://8wayrun.com you can actually scroll the block by swiping.

I dont know if anyone realised... but the new RecentFeatures BETA block that I uploaded a few pages back is not only responsive, but also TOUCH sensitive. If you try it on http://8wayrun.com you can actually scroll the block by swiping.

I hadn't tried that but I am using it in testing since it works.

Any word on if the RecentThreadsx5 included in the 1.5.9 download is borked with xF 1.2 and 1.5.9? As i detailed yesterday even on a clean install of Xenforo it behaves very oddly, the video was from a test before the clean install which was the same deal:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not worried about when it would be fixed just curious since it is working on your website if any further fixes had to be put into it. I also tried the block included in 1.5.8 for giggles and is indeed not the same but it behaves the same. I am starting out on 1.2 so I have no previous experience with it actually working other than seeing your site.

Just more worried about whether or not there is an issue with it at all. If there is not then clearly I have some searching to do to fix. But it can't possibly be a server side issue?

Patch for the YouTube frames not resizing: add:

.newsText iframe { max-width: 100%;}

to the extra.css template (via ACP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

I don't have a problem with images not resizing. But maybe you have your images in an iframe and this might work? [Edit: probably not, looks like your problem is a fixed size element pushing the image over]

I tried adding this but my youtube videos are still not resizing. Any ideas? Thank you for the help!

I tried adding this but my youtube videos are still not resizing. Any ideas? Thank you for the help!
Make sure you put that code inside the themes that you are using.

Some folks said "The code is not working" because they put the code inside X themes, while they used Y themes.

And X and Y themes doesn't have any connection (parent - sibling style)

Try to clear your cache after adding the code.

And yes, I have that code in my extra.css and it's working :)

Some folks said "The code is not working" because they put the code inside X themes, while they used Y themes.

Thanks for the help!

I have put it in my Main Theme that I base all the children themes that are actually used. It is in there at the top as:

.newsText iframe { max-width: 100%;}

And the child theme that inherits EXTRA.css is showing that it is coming in.

I looked and it is an object not an iframe. So I did the same code but replaced iframe with object.

.newsText object { max-width: 100%;}

Now it resizes on my desktop but not my phone! hah. The two questions I have are why does it work in one not the other and are there ramifications to the youtube video being an object?

I hadn't tried that but I am using it in testing since it works.

Any word on if the RecentThreadsx5 included in the 1.5.9 download is borked with xF 1.2 and 1.5.9? As i detailed yesterday even on a clean install of Xenforo it behaves very oddly, the video was from a test before the clean install which was the same deal:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not worried about when it would be fixed just curious since it is working on your website if any further fixes had to be put into it. I also tried the block included in 1.5.8 for giggles and is indeed not the same but it behaves the same. I am starting out on 1.2 so I have no previous experience with it actually working other than seeing your site.

Just more worried about whether or not there is an issue with it at all. If there is not then clearly I have some searching to do to fix. But it can't possibly be a server side issue?

I'm having this exact same problem. It's not a huge deal, atm, I can just disable it for now and my users aren't really missing all that much (it's a nice to have, not got to have, for us).

I'm having this exact same problem. It's not a huge deal, atm, I can just disable it for now and my users aren't really missing all that much (it's a nice to have, not got to have, for us).

Alright glad at least a couple of people have confirmed it. I agree since everything else works its not exactly a killer problem. We are just really looking forward to it but then again site doesn't launch for 4 more months.

That said as well could always write a block when I have time. Plenty to be written as it is. Xenporta has to account for a ton of Xenforo sales. It is pretty much the main reason we are able to move over and I love it.

Jason, one missing aspect from your news block css to comply with XF responsiveness is:

.newsText object,
.newsText embed
{
max-width: 100%;
}

This will ensure video displayed in the portal is responsive on mobile devices.

Top Bottom