[8WR] XenAtendo (Events)

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) 1.5.0b

No permission to download
Updated to 1.4.4, great work Jaxel.

I personally have 2 wishes for future improvements:

1. 24hr display would be nice to have for us non AM/PM people
2. End date/time could be set as it was possible in earlier versions, really hating this for how many hours an event lasts thingy, sorry.

Hi I already asked in the old thread. I get this error when clicking on a date in the calendar:

1.webp

Normally it should refer to the weekly view. If I use the Header Link to Weekly view it works fine. I use already the newest version of this addon.

Maybe someone could please help me!

Benny

Hi I already asked in the old thread. I get this error when clicking on a date in the calendar:

Normally it should refer to the weekly view. If I use the Header Link to Weekly view it works fine. I use already the newest version of this addon.

Maybe someone could please help me!

Benny
AdminCP > Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) > Include Content Title in URLs

Enable this option. I have it fixed for the next version so that friendly urls arent required.

Jaxel,

I am stuck on an old version due to the fact I can't create timed events. My events default start at half past the hour. Please can you include this in the latest version so I can upgrade? At the bear minimum I think you should have ability to start finish an event at 15,30,45 and 00 minutes.

Hi Jaxel,

Like many others I've stayed on v1.4.2 because that version had two calendars for creating an event - a start day calendar and an end day calendar. It's not very easy trying to work out how to set an event for 10 days in hours. Also it had the template EWRatendo_ClientScript which enabled us to add minutes to the times as per the edit here .

Is it possible to add these back? If not that's ok, as long as it works I'm happy with 1.4.2, but it would be nice to be able to use the most up-to-date version. :)

Regards,
Renada

Hi Jaxel,

Like many others I've stayed on v1.4.2 because that version had two calendars for creating an event - a start day calendar and an end day calendar. It's not very easy trying to work out how to set an event for 10 days in hours. Also it had the template EWRatendo_ClientScript which enabled us to add minutes to the times as per the edit here .

Is it possible to add these back? If not that's ok, as long as it works I'm happy with 1.4.2, but it would be nice to be able to use the most up-to-date version. :)

Regards,
Renada

I could not have said it better.

Hi Jaxel,

Thanks for coding such a great add-on! Just curious,

1. how do i remove the avatars under the /events/upcoming page and make the event title bigger instead?

2. Can I remove the fields, stream URL, city state, zip code and the required field venue? Just keep the Address there for Google map purposes.

Your inputs on these would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Jaxel,

Thanks for coding such a great add-on! Just curious,

1. how do i remove the avatars under the /events/upcoming page and make the event title bigger instead?

2. Can I remove the fields, stream URL, city state, zip code and the required field venue? Just keep the Address there for Google map purposes.

Your inputs on these would be greatly appreciated.

1. Add to extra.css
Code:
.eventList li .eventName {font-size: 18px;}
.eventList .avatar .s, .eventDaily .avatar .s {display: none !important;}

2. Edit the template: EWRatendo_EventsCreate

Find and comment out these lines thus:
Code:
<!--            <dl class="ctrlUnit">
                <dt><label for="ctrl_stream">{xen:phrase stream_url}:</label></dt>
                <dd><input type="text" name="event_stream" class="textCtrl" id="ctrl_stream" value="{$input.event_stream}" /></dd> -->
            </dl> -->

<dt><label for="ctrl_citystate">{xen:phrase city_state}:</label></dt>
                <dd><input type="text" name="event_citystate" class="textCtrl GoogleMap" id="ctrl_citystate" value="{$input.event_citystate}" /></dd>
            </dl> -->

<dt><label for="ctrl_zipcode">{xen:phrase zipcode}:</label></dt>
                <dd><input type="text" name="event_zipcode" class="textCtrl GoogleMap" id="ctrl_zipcode" value="{$input.event_zipcode}" /></dd>
            </dl> -->

<dt><label for="ctrl_venue">{xen:phrase venue}:</label></dt>
                <dd><input type="text" name="event_venue" class="textCtrl" id="ctrl_venue" value="{$input.event_venue}" /></dd>
            </dl> -->

Hey many trilogy33, thanks alot for the reply!

When the venue field is removed, but there would be an error when trying to submit an event:

Please enter a value for the required field 'event_venue'.

I do not know how to "turn off" that compulsory field :confused:

Also, now that the avatars on the /events/upcoming/ are removed, there is an empty block of space where the avatar used to stand.

screen-capture-19.webp

Is there a way to shift the text to take up that now unused space?

And doesn't anyone find it being excessive to display so much information in one block? Personally I find that keeping only the main event title as perhaps it's date and location underneath the title is sufficient - keep things neat. If people want to find out the exact timing they can click on the event title and find out more from the event page.

Anyone knows how to hide info like the time and venue (eg from the screenshot above, the "near nicoll highway MRT" and "Sentosa")?

Many thanks :)

Is it possible to limit RSVPs to a specific event to a specific group? As in, Event A can be RSVP'd by Group A. Event B can be RSVP'd by Group B. The groups cannot overlap.

If not, is it possible to run two separate instances of Xenatendo on a single Xenforo installation?

Thanks in advance!

I'd like to bring back the iCal feature request! This is one thing some of our development team would like to see.

When a thread it created from the events, even though " Moderate all messages posted in this forum" is set to true, the thread gets created without moderation.

>> Basically making the event forum a place to spam without anyway of moderating it

Is this fixed in 1.4.5?

Great addon - can I suggest the addition of a website link for an event - some events we want to list are 3rd party events with their own website.

Also, would it be possible to include a widget for the right column on the forum index page that contains upcoming events?

Probably best to cache the info to minimise on queries...

Top Bottom