[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
@Jaxel I like to made two Suggestions.

First Suggestion: almost every event (outside gaming word) use a promo flyer: See in niches like cars, motorcycles, sports, photography, etc. So, I think will be useful to have a option go member insert an image when add a new event (height bigger than width) and this image will be show in the event thread, as we actually have the google map.
I know that I can add an image to event but it's not an "user friendly" option and the final view, up the thread isn't the ideal location.

Second Suggestion: Most "event/calendar manager" today use a different approach in terms of front view. Making use of the flyer suggested before, will be amazing if this addon can show a more visual approach at events main page, maybe using a grid like this example (sorry for the portuguese language but it's just to exemplify).
We will have one more option in default view for the calendar: Flyer - Monthly - Weekly - Daily - Agenda

Best,
Vitor
I need to suggest a Third Suggestion: option to add the official URL of the event. Almost all events have one institutional page!

So, do you thing any of that features will be possible @Jaxel ?
1) Event Flayer (main image added when user create event)
2) "Visual" grid view
3) Event URL (or option to add custom fields?)

Best,
Vitor

calendar_colors.webp
Question: How could I control the above highlighted from top to bottom. I do not see a section in the .css that controls this area.

Question 2: Upon Holiday calendar selection. Any plans to make this multi-select?

Hats off to the development! I am pleased. (y)

Bought and tested a whole day now. XenAtendo 2 PRO looks really good and some of the features (distance search, keywords, filtering...) are unique, I think. For my needs this is for sure the best calendar add-on for Xenforo at the moment. Please keep up the great work and make it even better over the time, @Jaxel

These would be my first thoughts to improve it and avoid the obvious things, decreasing priority (just my voting):

1.) I understand the technical problem, that Xenforo system does not render complex bbcodes in preview tooltips and in search results. So, is there no way to work around that? Somehow like "pull the event description out of the calander-bbcode" and show/put it solo first? This way tooltips and more importantly within search results & tag searches users would be teasered with the event description, not with the naked calendar-bbcode-number. Or maybe the event description could be "faked"/doubled outside of the bbcode somehow for tooltips and search results and be hidden on the event page...
Admins/users could double the event description after creation as a work-around. Just edit the event threads first message and put the same text under the calendar-bbcode, but this is not worthy for such a good pro add-on.

2.) I really, really do not understand, why keyword filtering hides events containing the marked keywords. This may be an option for the users if they need that, yes. But in "normal case" one is looking exactly for those events, which do have a keyword. If one marks "Festival", I highly assume one is searching for festivals. At status quo one would not be able to search for all festivals, except one finds by chance an event containing the "Festival" keyword an then clicks that keyword... Please add the filter option not to hide, but to search for keywords.

3.) Please add the option to add thread tags while event creation, additionally to the event keywords. Of course they can be editted later, but more promising is to demand them at event creation time. Maybe this option could show up, when you add a checbox "Add thread". This would be more obvious for the users, as just leaving the thread options blank (to avoid thread creation).

4.) The location is saved in English, although I live in Germany, use a German OS and browser and Google Maps is shown in German. So, I would search for "Brandenburger Tor, Berlin, Deutschand", it will be found and shown correctly with German names within Google Maps, but the event saves the English names "Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, Germany". This is even more interfering, because City and State will use the same English names when shown in the event title.

5.) At event creation the start and end date is shown in the format year-mm-dd and I do not find a configuration to change it there. I would like to show it dd.mm.year. Not a big thing, just saw it.

Again, I love this add-on, but it could become a real killer calendar add-on, far beyond the others.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Got the add-on and it is working. Still doing some testing on it.
One thing I noticed when you use the RSVP option our members can only select going, not going and maybe but there is no option to enter the number of attendees.
Is this feature not implemented?
It is weird for now when it shows 5 coming and in reality 30 people show up.
I tried similar RSVP systems and they all had the option

I get used to the add-on and now have some minor comments.
  1. In the tooltips in Agenda, Archive and Weekly view the title stops with }' That happens even on 8WAYRUN. So within the code there is a typo, somewhere.
  2. Is it not possible, to change the date or start and end time, once when an event is saved? While creating a lot of events (in my case it's 3.000-4.000 events per year) one can easily choose the wrong times or one would like to adjust the date / times later, when the event has changed or times published later. Deleting an event to recreate is not suitable, since users may have answered in the event thread already. Maybe I oversee the possibility, but when editing an event, date and times are not listed.
  3. Events which are created without thread (!) loose the breaks in event description (all lines are close without break line and all links will break in next line), so the formating is somehow rendered wrongly. No, this does not happen in default xenforo style but in unmodified Xenith and Abyss style from Audentio. Of course it's their job to make a correct style. But maybe it somehow related to the event rendering within Atendo though, since events with thread (!) show correct formating.
  4. And one more suggestion, please: It would be awesome to allow events without times specified, just a date. Often the times are just not known, but one has to give start and end times. Users then don't know, if these are real times or just place holders. Leaving both, start and end date on 00:00 to say "there are no times set" would be wonderful.

One again, thanks fpr that fine add-on!

Was curious, would it be possible to have different events come up as different colors on the Calendar? Like one Game would come up as Blue, and another Green or Purple? Or at least set a color to show up on the calendar?

Was curious, would it be possible to have different events come up as different colors on the Calendar? Like one Game would come up as Blue, and another Green or Purple? Or at least set a color to show up on the calendar?
Thats not a bad idea for the next version...

How can i change the order position of calendar in the main menu?
You would have to edit the code event listener for that.

Hello @Jaxel ! We purchased this plugin a few months back and it has worked mostly well for us, but we have a LOT of events to stuff into a calendar and there are a few tweaks that would make it truly outstanding if you would please consider them:

-Same day reminder notifications. Right now the shortest reminder you can get is 1 day, but since all our events are online, ingame events and many players attend multiple events across multiple servers, it would be really helpful to have notice options say 2, 6, and 12 hours before RSVP'd events as well.

-The ability to upgrade a normal post to a calendar event. Many of our events come in as RSS feeds, so being able to upgrade those posts would be EXTREMELY helpful since making a new event creates a duplicate post for the event, but trying to merge the RSS post into the event post seems to cause issues as well. Truly, if you take no other suggestions from this post, please consider this one. This would ideally be a permission setting.

-Adaptive month box sizes. In the month view, it would be very nice if the whole calendar expanded to the height of the largest day in each row without having to click to expand each day, for a very easy month view.

-One-time events should display above ongoing events.

-A different display for ongoing events. If they could be connected as one long visual item (as opposed to showing as an individual event on each day), it would be helpful for being able to easily distinguish ongoing versus one-time events and tell easily when an ongoing event ends at a glance. Ongoing events would be okay displaying above one-time events if this and adaptive month box sizes were in place. Even just coloring them differently would help.

I also think that @PyroM had a valid point here:

2.) I really, really do not understand, why keyword filtering hides events containing the marked keywords. This may be an option for the users if they need that, yes. But in "normal case" one is looking exactly for those events, which do have a keyword. If one marks "Festival", I highly assume one is searching for festivals. At status quo one would not be able to search for all festivals, except one finds by chance an event containing the "Festival" keyword an then clicks that keyword... Please add the filter option not to hide, but to search for keywords.

My forum has 38 different event keyword options because we have so many different servers and event types. Being able to select only the events you WANT to see would be more intuitive, especially when there are so many options.

Thanks for you consideration.

Promising features. I am interested.

But the "daily" view design is totally odd. Took a while to even understand what it shall display. When you do a monthly and weekly view which is "top to bottom" oriented, you can not change it to "left to right" in daily then. That is confusing and counter responsive design.

Is there a way to change this in the options or can this design be changed for consistency?

Another feature that I think would be really helpful: a "my events" section where posters could easily find just the events that they posted so they could easily edit/manage them without having to go look for them on the calendar or the forum.

Could I possibly request a feature? We're looking for the ability to create custom color backgrounds for events...
I was thinking maybe you could add an option for us to create event categories and when we select one it would inject the category as a css class?

for instance... I create the category: Team1 which would inject .atendoTeam1 as a class for the background of that event. That way I can modify the background in my extra.css to be the color I desire?

Apologize for the noob question here ... did read all 15 pages of discussion to find answer. I own XA2 and we've been using for some time. A few days ago was the first time I'd ever toggled from Monthly view to Hourly/Day view ... can't find the toggle to get back to monthly view. Just see day advance and pull down menu for different dates.

Top Bottom