[8WR] Twitch Integration

[8WR] Twitch Integration [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($20.00)
You got any plans for this?

Also, we'd like to prompt our users to link their Twitch accounts using the Notice-System of XenForo. Any way to implement a condition "User has not linked their Twitch account"?

I'd like to push this. I'd even consider paid custom work for you to implement this. :)

This would allow us to remove our "Twitch URL" custom field and solely use your addon for that to have it display in the user profile.

And I'm getting the following errors every other day. Most likely twitch api, but can't that be handled more gracefully? :)

upload_2017-5-19_17-54-20.webp

And I'm getting the following errors every other day. Most likely twitch api, but can't that be handled more gracefully? :)

View attachment 152571
It looks like you don't have any subscribers to your channel... Normally Twitch just provides an empty subscribers list... however, because Twitch's API is completely retarded and never provides consistent data, sometimes it drops the subscribers list entirely... its so hard to program around an API where you never know how the data inside of it is going to change.

It looks like you don't have any subscribers to your channel...
I can tell you that's definitely not the case :p I believe even the channel owner is listed as the first subscriber. So even if I didn't have any, I'd have at least one entry: myself.

Normally Twitch just provides an empty subscribers list... however, because Twitch's API is completely retarded and never provides consistent data, sometimes it drops the subscribers list entirely... its so hard to program around an API where you never know how the data inside of it is going to change.
Yeah, I feel ya... :D

I'd like to take the chance of you reading this thread to ask about this feature once again?
I'd like to push this. I'd even consider paid custom work for you to implement this. :)
This would allow us to remove our "Twitch URL" custom field and solely use your addon for that to have it display in the user profile.
@Jaxel: Thanks. I'll reply to that.

Currently, we're using a custom user field so users can enter their twitch username. We then link to their channel.

Any plans on implementing something like this with an info panel of their connected twitch account? With a setting to display it in the messages and/or profile only. And maybe in conjunction with XenRio.

It looks like you don't have any subscribers to your channel... Normally Twitch just provides an empty subscribers list... however, because Twitch's API is completely retarded and never provides consistent data, sometimes it drops the subscribers list entirely... its so hard to program around an API where you never know how the data inside of it is going to change.
It's now impossible for me to synchronize with the Twitch API, it seems... I get this error daily and every single time I start the cron job manually now.

It's now impossible for me to synchronize with the Twitch API, it seems... I get this error daily and every single time I start the cron job manually now.
The plugin is now unusable for me. I haven't been able to synchronize our subscribers with twitch a single time for the last three months.

The plugin is now unusable for me. I haven't been able to synchronize our subscribers with twitch a single time for the last three months.
Twitch just released new docs for their API... I will go through it later today.

@Jaxel Does this offer a usergroup import for followers too who aren't subscribers? Will this show subscriber medals like the new sub, 6 month resub etc? Will this allow me to add a follow and subscribe buttons to xenForo?

Sorry if this question has already been answered but is this going to be upgraded to work with Xenforo 2.0? I'd like to get it but I'm avoiding doing anything major to my forum until I have upgraded to final release of Xenforo 2.0.

This certainly sounds like something I'd want on my forums.

@Jaxel trying to install this I get Twitch returned the following error: Bad Request. I used https:// dev.twitch. tv/dashboard/apps/create to create my appid and secret

Last edited:
If I leave the channel name blank I don't get a bad request error. Could it be because I have 2 step auth enabled? It is required to be enabled for partner accounts, so i can't disable it to try.

Top Bottom