[8WR] Twitch Integration

[8WR] Twitch Integration [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($20.00)
Is it possible to have the auth shown in the "Extra" tab of the ACP, where Google / Facebook / Twitter connections are shown?

Also, the own twitch connection shown in "External accounts" links to the id (twitch.tv/id) instead of the name, which does not work as of now.

Last edited:
Is it possible to have the auth shown in the "Extra" tab of the ACP, where Google / Facebook / Twitter connections are shown?

Also, the own twitch connection shown in "External accounts" links to the id (twitch.tv/id) instead of the name, which does not work as of now.
What extra tab?

Sup with that?

And it recently appears that users connect their twitch account, get the appropriate subscriber permissions, but lose it in the night when the timer job runs... Anything known in regards to that?
I will be completely rewriting this addon soon. My Discord Integration addon is just so much more well polished and I want to bring this addon more in line with that. In addition, the constant Twitch API changes are breaking things every other day.

1.webp

The next version of this addon will be a COMPLETE rewrite of the code, it will be version 1.2.0.

The first version of this addon was released back when Twitch's v1 API was available. Back then, accounts were strictly identified by channel names (for instance, mine is "8wayrun"). With the release of Twitch's v5 API, channel names can no longer be used as provider keys for XenForo External Authorizations... instead we have account IDs. Because of this, the old provider keys will have to be wiped out. What does this mean? It means ALL current external-account links on your forum for Twitch will be deleted... users will be required to link their accounts again.

I'm sorry about this; but its gotta be done with Twitch deprecating their v3 API later this year. If you would like to read more about these Twitch changes, you can check their blog article here. Take note of the first line of the article where they literally admit that these changes will break integrations with all addons ever made for the platform.

Version 1.2.0 will also include OAuth Login functionality for Twitch. Originally, I decided against this because Twitch's account creation system was extremely easy to game. However, since the release of their v3 API, they implemented stronger account confirmation systems, including the ability to verify emails. With that in, I feel its finally time to add in this long requested feature. You can see this feature currently running on 8wayrun.com.

Jaxel updated [8wayRun.Com] Twitch Integration with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.0 CHANGELOG

The first version of this addon was released back when Twitch's v1 API was available. Back then, accounts were strictly identified by channel names (for instance, mine is "8wayrun"). With the release of Twitch's v5 API, channel names can no longer be used as provider keys for XenForo External Authorizations... instead we have account IDs. Because of this, the old provider keys will have to be wiped out. What does this mean? It means ALL current external-account links on your forum for Twitch...

Read the rest of this update entry...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Yes and yes.

New update also added trophy and notices support... But I forgot to mention it.
Awesome, thank you.

When saving the options, an error appears:
Channel 'channelname' has not authorized their channel
Where 'channelname' is the name of one of the entered channels. Why is that?

Also: Does your update require twitch e-mail addresses to be verified?

Last edited:
Awesome, thank you.

When saving the options, an error appears:

Where 'channelname' is the name of one of the entered channels. Why is that?

Also: Does your update require twitch e-mail addresses to be verified?
Watch the video

Watched it, thanks.

However something doesn't seem quite right. I'm sub of two from three channels in our community. When connecting my account with twitch, it sets the subscribers group in our board, but immediately unassigns it again. I believe we already had that kind of error in our conversation a few months back.

Watched it, thanks.

However something doesn't seem quite right. I'm sub of two from three channels in our community. When connecting my account with twitch, it sets the subscribers group in our board, but immediately unassigns it again. I believe we already had that kind of error in our conversation a few months back.
Can you explain in more detail?

The check-subscriptions function in the new version is exactly the same as the old version. So anything that was fixed a few months ago in regards to that, should have remained fixed.

Can you explain in more detail?
Yeah, well. We've got 3 partnered channels, of which I'm a subscriber of 2.

When the cronjob runs, it assigns me a group of one of those channels I've set-up, but immediately disassigns it again.

@Jaxel: Thanks. I'll reply to that.

Currently, we're using a custom user field so users can enter their twitch username. We then link to their channel.

Any plans on implementing something like this with an info panel of their connected twitch account? With a setting to display it in the messages and/or profile only. And maybe in conjunction with XenRio.

Attachments

• steam-auth1.webp
    steam-auth1.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 9
  • steam-auth2.webp
    steam-auth2.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 9
is not necessary to add the id when adding partners ? like before ? like channel > group>ID now just add Channel>Group>Id get automatically?

Any plans on implementing something like this with an info panel of their connected twitch account? With a setting to display it in the messages and/or profile only. And maybe in conjunction with XenRio.
You got any plans for this?

Also, we'd like to prompt our users to link their Twitch accounts using the Notice-System of XenForo. Any way to implement a condition "User has not linked their Twitch account"?

Top Bottom